Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Racial Accusations against Mason

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Racial Accusations against Mason

If you havent heard, Garret at his appeal, accused Mason of using racial words towards him.

First of all calling someone derogative racial slurs is wrong, with that I made clear....

I won't take sides on if he did or didn't, but is that really a reason to use a helmet as a weapon. That is no excuse, its like someone being called racial slurs to someone who has a knife in their hand and stabs the person using the racial words. How would that stand in court? I dont understand why ESPN reports are making it seem as if it justifies it. It is still wrong to swing helmets.

Now my other point is, how is this going to effect Mason and the locker room. Heyward already made a comment that he believes in what Mason told him, that he didn't say anything racial. But would others in the locker room look at him different?
    ďIím so tired of LeíVeon," DeCastro told reporters (h/t ESPN's Jeremy Fowler ([url]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1038909446146203649[/url])) after Sunday's game. "Iím so tired of it. Letís just worry about the guys in here. I know you guys have stories to write and what not. I love LeíVeon, but we gotta worry about the guys in here. Theyíre the only people that matter to me."

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Rudolph should file assault charges and slander.
    I'm sure a good lawyer can pursue this as a hate crime.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Even if Mason did use it Garrett is still guilty of swinging a helmet.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Allegedly Rudolph had a MAGA hat hidden inside of his helmet and some bleach and a noose hidden inside his jock as well.

Starter

User Info Menu

all of a sudden he makes this claim.. bunch of BS

locker room stands behind Mason.
    Black N' Gold Til' I'm Dead N' Cold...
    [url=http://img203.imageshack.us/i/32023126285034060670100.jpg/]http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/4...4060670100.jpg[/url]
    [url=http://img19.imageshack.us/i/steelertowngal.jpg/]http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/107...lertowngal.jpg[/url]
    We don't have any cheerleaders but we do have a few of these \m/...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george View Post
    If you havent heard, Garret at his appeal, accused Mason of using racial words towards him.

First of all calling someone derogative racial slurs is wrong, with that I made clear....

I won't take sides on if he did or didn't, but is that really a reason to use a helmet as a weapon. That is no excuse, its like someone being called racial slurs to someone who has a knife in their hand and stabs the person using the racial words. How would that stand in court? I dont understand why ESPN reports are making it seem as if it justifies it. It is still wrong to swing helmets.

Now my other point is, how is this going to effect Mason and the locker room. Heyward already made a comment that he believes in what Mason told him, that he didn't say anything racial. But would others in the locker room look at him different?
    I dont know what happened, and none of us can say what happened.
    If Rudolf is telling the truth...Garrett has a motive to lyingly make up that story.
    Conversely, if Garrett is telling the truth...Rudolf has every reason to deny it.

Bottom line...we dont know...but the burden of "proof" lies with the accuser, not the accused.

Seems clear to me, you HAVE to presume Rudolf innocent until "proven" guilty.
    I seriously doubt any teammate will assume he said it based on a player who has every incentive to make it up.
    I believe they will rightly will continue to support their teammate.

What we KNOW is that Garrett recklessly tried to maim Rudolf.
    We dont need to take anyones word for it we ALL saw it...he is guilty period...whether the unsubstantiated accusation against Rudolf is true or not.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 11-21-2019 at 05:28 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LordVile View Post
    all of a sudden he makes this claim.. bunch of BS

locker room stands behind Mason.
    I read about this accusation the day after the incident.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    Garret made that accusation the next day?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Iím not buying Garrettís (new) BS story. If Rudolph had used racial slurs, Garrett would have at least mentioned it after the game. Instead he apologized and admitted his behavior was over the line. End of BS story.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    You read about it Friday the 15th? Where? Today was the first I heard of it.