Page 149 of 155 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 1549

Thread: Le'Veon Bell

Legend

User Info Menu

The Gurley and David Johnson deals are somewhere between bad for their teams and unmitigated disasters. McCoy never played up to his contract, either, when he was the highest paid RB.

I think running backs are important, and if the right guy is there, I want the Steelers to take one in the second round. But I don't think paying big money to a running back is any recipe for building a successful team.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I for one am glad Bell moved on. That contract offered would have been a problem. Yes Ben's is also a problem for sure. But I like the cheaper vet or rookie RB contracts so there is money for all other positions.
    D. Williams was good here. It might be time for BPA RB or cheap vet to replace J Sam or Whyte on the roster.
    I also wonder what RB with the highest contract continued to produce at same or better level? Peterson maybe? I am taking that real big type contract we have been seeing just the last few years. Some times percentage shows how each position or player really effects the cap. Can't remember were I seen or read that.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser View Post
    I for one am glad Bell moved on. That contract offered would have been a problem. Yes Ben's is also a problem for sure. But I like the cheaper vet or rookie RB contracts so there is money for all other positions.
    D. Williams was good here. It might be time for BPA RB or cheap vet to replace J Sam or Whyte on the roster.
    I also wonder what RB with the highest contract continued to produce at same or better level? Peterson maybe? I am taking that real big type contract we have been seeing just the last few years. Some times percentage shows how each position or player really effects the cap. Can't remember were I seen or read that.
    The reported deal the Steelers offered Bell wouldn't had been a problem. That's because they didn't offer him the guaranteed money that would had made it difficult to move on from him after one or two years.

With RBs and players in general it's all about the structure of the contracts. Teams can protect themselves to a degree with contracts that are structured properly. Players protect themselves with the guaranteed money. At some point there needs to be a proper balance for players and teams.

Legend

User Info Menu

According to ESPN Jets reporter Rich Cimini, the odds of Le'Veon Bell being traded this offseason are "remote."

Despite coach Adam Gase's open antagonism of Bell throughout his debut season in the Big Apple, Cimini doesn't see a trade coming to fruition without the Jets taking on a significant portion of his 2020 salary, which calls for a whopping $13.5 million in guarantees. Even then, Cimini wouldn't anticipate New York getting much in return for Bell (a Day 3 draft pick is probably the best they could hope for), who the Jets believe put on weight in 2019 while losing much of his explosiveness. Only Buccaneers plodder Peyton Barber averaged fewer yards per rushing attempt (3.1) than Bell (3.2) last season.

SOURCE: ESPN.com
    Feb 17, 2020, 10:43 AM ET
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.
    Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

[url]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/50121-A-Positive-View-of-they-Draft/page17[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    According to ESPN Jets reporter Rich Cimini, the odds of Le'Veon Bell being traded this offseason are "remote."

Despite coach Adam Gase's open antagonism of Bell throughout his debut season in the Big Apple, Cimini doesn't see a trade coming to fruition without the Jets taking on a significant portion of his 2020 salary, which calls for a whopping $13.5 million in guarantees. Even then, Cimini wouldn't anticipate New York getting much in return for Bell (a Day 3 draft pick is probably the best they could hope for), who the Jets believe put on weight in 2019 while losing much of his explosiveness. Only Buccaneers plodder Peyton Barber averaged fewer yards per rushing attempt (3.1) than Bell (3.2) last season.

SOURCE: ESPN.com
    Feb 17, 2020, 10:43 AM ET
    So the Jets look to be stuck with "fat boy" Bell...serves them right for giving him the contract they did. I knew he took a step back, but I didn't know his yards per attempt were that bad. Wishing him the worst going forward

Legend

User Info Menu

Perhaps Bell will now set the bar for RBs not wanted by their teams now....LOL
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    The reported deal the Steelers offered Bell wouldn't had been a problem. That's because they didn't offer him the guaranteed money that would had made it difficult to move on from him after one or two years.

With RBs and players in general it's all about the structure of the contracts. Teams can protect themselves to a degree with contracts that are structured properly. Players protect themselves with the guaranteed money. At some point there needs to be a proper balance for players and teams.
    His production is what made his contract a problem.
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and 25% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.

Legend

User Info Menu

I just ......

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Want to.......

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Get this.....

Molon labe