Page 1 of 239 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Le'Veon Bell

Rookie

User Info Menu

Le'Veon Bell

I have a question for my fellow Steelers fans....Does anyone out the feel that the organization should pay Bell 14.5 million? The man is good but not 14.5 million good.

Banned

User Info Menu

We offered him that; and he said no. He wants 18 mil a year.

Rookie

User Info Menu

In my opinion....I know he is tagged but we would be better off removing the tag and let him see teams are not willing to pay the for an RB. The draft has a few decent backs

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    We offered him that; and he said no. He wants 18 mil a year.
    18 m? I heard he wants 14-15 M long term, almost all guaranteed.

Rookie

User Info Menu

14 to 18.....not worth that kind of cash. But that is just my opinion.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I wish they would have let him test the open market. Might be even better to do that now that teams have already signed guys to large contracts and some of the most RB needy teams have gotten a guy. Could be a real eye opener for him to lower his long term price.

Rookie

User Info Menu

totally agree....we can even use the draft picks so trade him

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    I wish they would have let him test the open market. Might be even better to do that now that teams have already signed guys to large contracts and some of the most RB needy teams have gotten a guy. Could be a real eye opener for him to lower his long term price.
    49ers just paid McKinnon 7.5 mill to split carries and he has never rushed for more than 600 yards.

I think the FO knew Bell would get a great offer if they let him test the market. It would be kind of shady to release him after all the teams have made their moves. That’s not how our FO usually operates.

There are are more than a few teams loaded with cash and the way the CBA is set up Bell would get an offer that was close to or at the price he wants.

I also think if we let him test him test the market and he left the highest we could get is a 3rd rounder and that would be bad business on our part.

our FO is pretty smart. I’m sure they thought about it and realized letting him test the market wouldn’t be in our best favor.
    Last edited by feltdizz; 03-18-2018 at 01:42 PM.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sheets33 View Post
    totally agree....we can even use the draft picks so trade him
    Trade him to who?

Doesn’t he have to be under contract before we can trade him?
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Banned

User Info Menu

Disagree strongly; no one except maybe the crazy redskins would have offered him an 18 mil a year deal. No one with half a brain is going to give him that deal. He’s not worth that amount. 14mil a year was great; 6mil more then the next rb. Anything more and Steeler management is bidding only against itself.
    Last edited by Steel Maniac; 03-18-2018 at 01:44 PM.