Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 2390

Thread: Le'Veon Bell

Legend

User Info Menu

Jets placing RB Le'Veon Bell (hamstring) on injured reserve

Published: Sep 15, 2020

Grant Gordon
    NFL.com Digital Content Producer

Le'Veon Bell's troublesome hamstring will have him on hiatus from the New York Jets for a spell.

The Jets are placing Bell on injured reserve, NFL Network's Kim Jones reported Tuesday afternoon. Bell is eligible to return after three weeks. The former Steelers standout wasn't the only notable put on IR by the Jets Tuesday, as rookie wide receiver Denzel Mims (hamstring) and starting linebacker Blake Cashman (groin) were, as well.

Prior to the start of his second season in Gotham, Bell's hamstring has been a storyline and a problem.

Back in the final week of August, coach Adam Gase pulled Bell from practice due to a tight hamstring. Bell later bemoaned being pulled and Gase later said the two had made up. Fast-forwarding to Sunday's season opener against the AFC East-rival Jets and Bell had another early exit. Gase added that he wished he wouldn't have allowed Bell to return for the second half with his ailing hammy wrapped up (and predicted Tuesday's news that Bell would miss some time). Now, there's no discussion.

This time, preventing Bell from returning to the field couldn't be avoided as Bell's hamstring has clearly become issue enough to have him missing practices and games for the following three weeks.

It's the latest chapter in what's thus far been a rocky union for Bell and the Jets. After joining the squad ahead of the 2019 season, Bell's numbers were the worst of his career in a full season among most categories, including scrimmage yards (1,250) and touchdowns (four).

https://www.nfl.com/news/jets-placin...njured-reserve

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post
    But he got guaranteed money. He can spend the rest of his life rapping in luxury.

If that sounds snarky against LB - that’s not my intent. He bet on himself and took care of his future. My snark is for the jets organization. They continue to be pathetic.
    Yea.. gotta congratulate Bell for all that guaranteed money.... even though that move was basically the end of his career.. and cost him a shot at the HOF. I dont figure that has the same meaning with players (that it had a generation ago). Dude got paid.

Legend

User Info Menu

Legend

User Info Menu

If the Jets would cut him is there any scenario one could see that the Steelers brought him back? Maybe a playoff run. The man played violent, no doubt.

Legend

User Info Menu

if you are not interested in the Bell saga... move along:

Le’Veon Bell’s contract with the Jets is now an unmitigated disaster
    By Vincent Frank - September 15, 2020

Jets' Le'Veon Bell ahead of Week 1 game against Bills
    Sep 13, 2020; Orchard Park, New York, USA; New York Jets running back Le'Veon Bell (26) warms up prior to the game against the Buffalo Bills at Bills Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Rich Barnes-USA TODAY Sports
    It will be a while before the New York Jets are able to move on from the disaster of a contract they signed former All-Pro running back Le’Veon Bell to ahead of the 2019 NFL season.

We’ve read the reports about a major split between Bell and embattled Jets head coach Adam Gase in the past. We also know that the Jets looked to trade him after just one season.

Now comes this piece of information. It’s not great.

Jets place Le’Veon Bell on injured reserve
    NFL Media’s Kim Jones was the first to report news that New York placed Bell on on injured reserve with a hamstring injury that had apparently slowed him down during training camp. He will now miss at least three weeks.

What’s interesting here is that Gase had removed Bell from practice during training camp earlier in the month with a similar injury. The star running back was not too happy about that, as he showed on social media.

It’s the continuation of problems between Bell and Gase since the Jets signed him back in March of 2018.

As for the latest injury, Bell put up 14 yards on six attempts in Week 1’s loss to the Buffalo Bills. It was obvious that he isn’t at 100%.

Le’Veon Bell’s stats with the Jets
    It’s been downright disastrous for Bell in Jersey. Prior to holding out with the Steelers for the entire 2018 season, Bell had been among the most-productive backs in the NFL.
    He averaged north of 1,900 total yards and 10 touchdowns between 2016-17, leading to the back demanding a huge pay day from Pittsburgh.
    Over the coure of his first 16 games with the Jets, Bell is averaging a laughable 3.2 yards per rush. He’s tallied a mere 803 rushing yards during that span.
    Le’Veon Bell’s contract
    Unfortunately for the Jets, Bell’s contract makes it almost impossible to trade him. Now 28, Bell inked a four-year, $52.5 milion deal ahead of the 2019 season.
    The three-time Pro Bowler is set to count a combined $28.5 million against the cap in 2021 and 2022. The Jets would incur a $17 million dead cap hit by releasing him this season.
    No team is going to even consider trading for Bell unless he completely redoes his contract. Given the issues we saw in Pittsburgh, that’s highly unlikely.
    This is just the latest example of Bell’s tenure with the Jets being an unmitigated disaster. The team was foolish to sign him to a long-term contract after the running back held out for an entire season.

It seems that Bell was not Gase’s first choice in free agency last year, either. That’s added to what has increasingly become a volatile situation between the back and his team.

How this plays out moving forward remains to be seen. But it’s not a great look right now. That’s for sure.

Legend

User Info Menu

Injury is unfortunate but it’s part of the game. Maybe Bell and Conner shouldn’t of trained together? We lost a few players and haven’t even seen Decastro yet this season. It’s a long season tho, he can still come back.

This is why you should gamble on yourself and get paid.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Injury is unfortunate but it’s part of the game. Maybe Bell and Conner shouldn’t of trained together? We lost a few players and haven’t even seen Decastro yet this season. It’s a long season tho, he can still come back.

This is why you should gamble on yourself and get paid.
    Its exactly why you fight for the guaranteed money, Bell should get out of there anyway, Adam Gase is terrible.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I don't wanna say na na na na...na na...But I called this 3 years ago, When Bell was still in his " prime" said no way I'd give him the money, alot of people called me crazy but...

They ran his wheels off in college, Tomlin ran his wheels off...He didn't have a run over 19 yards, looked slow af, hamstring issues, plus other " issues "

So glad I was " right "

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

As I've said elsewhere - I typically fall on the side of the player trying to cash in. It's a short, brutal career and they have to maximize what they can get. That doesn't mean I think LB was worth what the Jets signed him for, I think that deal was absurd. But there are good franchises and bad, and a guy looking to get paid as a higher priority than championships can always take advantage of that. i think back to Randel El cashing in with the 'skins - another horrible franchise. I think it's possible to find a balance between guaranteed money and incentive bonuses that hopefully offer some security to the player while still providing incentive to perform - but clearly the Jets failed miserably.

sucks for them.......
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    If the Jets would cut him is there any scenario one could see that the Steelers brought him back? Maybe a playoff run. The man played violent, no doubt.
    You never know. But I wouldn't describe him as violent, and definitely not now. Henry is violent.