Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Not a pretty look for the coaching staff

Legend

User Info Menu

Not a pretty look for the coaching staff

Here's a read that will make you go hmmmm....

I couldn't figure out how to make it a hyper link so you'll have to copy and paste but be warned it isn't for the faint of heart. This is ugly.

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/09/film-room-steelers-defense-comes-up-empty-versus-empty/

Pappy

The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

1.20 - Devin Bush, ILB, Michigan
    3.66 - Diontae Johnson, WR, Toledo
    3.83 - Justin Layne, CB, MSU
    4.122 - Benny Snell, RB, Kentucky
    5.141 - Zach Gentry, TE, Michigan
    6.175 - Sutton Smith, OLB, Northern Illinois
    6.192 - Isaiah Buggs, DE, Alabama
    6.207 - Ulysees Gilbert III, OLB, Akron
    7.219 - Derwin Gray, OL, Maryland

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I think losing Sean Davis hurt our communication in the secondary.

Also, why does it seem like we never go Dime on the Pats?

Not sure what we did last year but I think we probably tried to do the same exact thing.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    I think losing Sean Davis hurt our communication in the secondary.

Also, why does it seem like we never go Dime on the Pats?

Not sure what we did last year but I think we probably tried to do the same exact thing.
    honestly, i was encouraged that they went *man* against the pats. Brady will pick a zone apart. But, the Falcons went man for the SB and showed the blueprint. i think that's why the team went with speed/coverage LBs. I think they should play more man and just go through their growing pains so they are ready come playoff time...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    honestly, i was encouraged that they went *man* against the pats. Brady will pick a zone apart. But, the Falcons went man for the SB and showed the blueprint. i think that's why the team went with speed/coverage LBs. I think they should play more man and just go through their growing pains so they are ready come playoff time...
    I agree 100%. However, we really need to stop trying to cover these midgets with linebackers.

Also need to really work these refs on these pick plays if we see them a second time.

Granted, they probably run smash mouth next time if we go dime.

Best way to beat the Pats is to keep their offense off the field.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

They asked Fichtner about the offense's problems on 3rd and short, and his answer was we have to be better on 1st and 2nd. Well, yeah, but even if you get a lot better on 1st and 2nd down plays, you're still going to find yourself, at some point, in a 3rd or 4th in a critical situation. You've got to be able to come up with a better plan to go about converting in those instances. His remarks don't instill a lot of confidence that that's going to happen.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    The problem wasn't the scheme it was not getting the proper defenders on the best match up with the offensive player. My question is, how can that happen? They had all winter, spring and summer to prepare for 5 wide (it's not like the Pats just started using that formation) and still managed to have our best cornerback covering a fullback. That's a Whiskey-Tango-Foxtrot are you thinking?

Meanwhile, Ben tried the same but the Pats were able to get the best match ups possible for their defense.

I don't know how you solve this problem but it is a problem.

Pappy

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Here's a read that will make you go hmmmm....

I couldn't figure out how to make it a hyper link so you'll have to copy and paste but be warned it isn't for the faint of heart. This is ugly.

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/09/film-room-steelers-defense-comes-up-empty-versus-empty/

Pappy
    Easy to make it a hyperlink (but not intuitive). Click on the little icon to the left of the Quote icon. It's for inserting videos. Put your URL into that and it'll be a link.

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/09/fi...-versus-empty/

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    Easy to make it a hyperlink (but not intuitive). Click on the little icon to the left of the Quote icon. It's for inserting videos. Put your URL into that and it'll be a link.

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/09/fi...-versus-empty/
    Thank you for the info, I read it for embedding a video only and not both.

Pappy

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    Best way to beat the Pats is to keep their offense off the field.
    This.

We were abysmal on offense and kept our D and their O on the field far too long. When you look at it that way, it's actually surprising that the cheaters only dropped 33 on us.

If our O had been even remotely effective, the game would have been a lot closer IMO.

I put the majority of the blame for that loss on the O. It was beyond terrible.

Starter

User Info Menu

The best way is, and has always been, is to bring pressure up the middle against Marsha...Other than Hargrave destroying their LG on s particular play ( he still side stepped him and completed it ) Where is Can and especially Tuitt who they seem they always rave about, but never lives up to the billing