Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Le'Veon Bell

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    Except it fails to mention what Bell was REALLY after and failed to get. He wanted to reset the bar for rb pay because they touch the ball more than most anyone in offense. But he didn’t figure in that rbs are easier to plug in than other skill positions. He was never going to get $17M/year, whether he’s truely savage or not.
    We can’t always get what we want.

He was never getting $17 a year.

The article mentions it at the end. It’s a fair and honest assessment of the true numbers of an NFL contract. I was shocked to see Johnson had more full guaranteed money than Gurley.
    Last edited by Oh wow; 03-14-2019 at 07:35 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Folks assumed that Bell would exceed the Gurley and Johnson contracts... because Bell was going to get to test the open market..

Unlike Johnson and Gurley, who signed extensions.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Folks assumed that Bell would exceed the Gurley and Johnson contracts... because Bell was going to get to test the open market..

Unlike Johnson and Gurley, who signed extensions.
    Well he did exceed Johnson's deal by a little bit. I thought he would get at least what Gurley got, he didn't. However I still don't think he should of taken the Steelers deal. Where he lost was sitting out on the tag, that cost him, I think the deal the Jets gave him is better than the Steelers deal, it allows him to bank a nice chunk of the contract upfront.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    Well he did exceed Johnson's deal by a little bit. I thought he would get at least what Gurley got, he didn't. However I still don't think he should of taken the Steelers deal. Where he lost was sitting out on the tag, that cost him, I think the deal the Jets gave him is better than the Steelers deal, it allows him to bank a nice chunk of the contract upfront.
    whereas with us he would have had to wait 2 years to get his 33 mill... when you consider what he lost last year.. i think theres a very good chance he would have been better compensated with us... but i guess its all speculation. Hes gone now and most of us dont feel too bad about it

Legend

User Info Menu

I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    And he wouldn't have lost a year of peak earnings.

But, he should have multi-generational wealth either way. And he got to spend a year in Miami..potentially doing things he couldn't have been doing if he was under contract with an NFL team.

Losing a bet and still ending up $40M richer is the kind of problem I'd like to have. It's like how I wouldn't mind having Bill Gates' tax bill.

Backup

User Info Menu

Of course Pittsburgh writers will spin it that way but 2/3 of Bells contract is guaranteed with the Jets. No funny money.

If Bell has an injury or a drop off he is protected in NY. There is no protection in Pittsburgh past the first year.

Why take 400 touches a year with no security after the first year.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2019/3/...ets-guaranteed

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

lol

what a dope

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    lol

what a dope
    Living proof of what drugs do to your brain

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Bell's contract worse than it first appeared.

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...s/201903140153
    Post First Wave FA Mock

Trade picks 1, 3a and 6b to move up in round 1
    Trade Artie Burns for 5th round pick

1--Devin Bush, ILB, Michigan
    2--Juan Thornhill, FS/CB, Virginia
    3--Amani Hooker, SS, Iowa
    4--Justice Hill, RB, Oklahoma St.
    5--Miles Boykin, WR, Notre Dame
    5--Porter Gustin, Edge, USC
    6a--Foster Moreau, TE, LSU
    6b--Khalil Hodge, LB, Buffalo