Page 68 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast

Thread: Le'Veon Bell

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    There is nothing in Jackson's draft profile about not being able to read defenses. Also your only naming naming QB's who have failed, how about Watson, Vick, Newton, Wilson, Cunnigham, Mariota, Allen, S. Young, Kapernick, and Wentz. Also RG3 didn't fail because he couldn't read defenses he failed because he kept getting hurt, which is the real knock on athletic QB's.
    IMO he failed because he tried to be something he wasn’t.

He was deadly running the RPO so what does he do? He goes to Snyder and demands a pro style offense.

Imagine Russell Wilson demanding they don’t run a RPO and taking away half of his game?

..and yes, he also didn’t slide.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Until Lamar Jackson is able to complete at least 60% of his passes it’s gonna be really hard to take him seriously as a dual-threat QB. He couldn’t even complete 60% in college so there’s no reason to think he can do it on the NFL level.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Steel View Post
    Until Lamar Jackson is able to complete at least 60% of his passes it’s gonna be really hard to take him seriously as a dual-threat QB. He couldn’t even complete 60% in college so there’s no reason to think he can do it on the NFL level.
    Well as a rookie he completed 58.2% of his passes so if 60% is the mark than I dont think it's a stretch to improve 1.8%

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    What makes you so sure Jackson "can't read defenses"?? He was a rookie last year so there is a learning curve but if the Ravens were willing to part with Flacco after giving him that contract I doubt their assessment of Jackson is that he is inaccurate and can't read a defense.
    he can't...
    -- Louisville alum who watched every college game of his...

</discussion>
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

Legend

User Info Menu

Boom.......
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

So if Lamar goes 12-4 and completes 59% of his passes you won’t take him seriously?

IMO it’s not about %. It’s about winning games.

But then again, who cares if fans take him seriously. I’m sure opponents take him seriously.

Legend

User Info Menu

https://twitter.com/AKinkhabwala/sta...16466337456128

Listen to his coach. His coach has soo much faith in him becoming a passer, he said take the overs in over 139 rushing attempts. Boom!!!!!!
    From the 2010-2018 season, (An 8 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    So if Lamar goes 12-4 and completes 59% of his passes you won’t take him seriously?

IMO it’s not about %. It’s about winning games.

But then again, who cares if fans take him seriously. I’m sure opponents take him seriously.
    there's the difference... you have to mike vick him... soft zone, with a spy... don't pressure him and force him to get out of the pocket... usually works out better for him than the opponent.. Dare him to make a read
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

it seems like there are alot of steelers fans here rooting for lamar jackson to succeed

I wonder why

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    it seems like there are alot of steelers fans here rooting for lamar jackson to succeed

I wonder why
    There is a difference between rooting and predicting.

I was a fan in college and predicted he would do well in the NFL.

This doesn’t mean I want him to do well against us.