Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Le'Veon Bell

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Disagree strongly; no one except maybe the crazy redskins would offer him an 18 mil a year deal.
    I don’t think 18 mill is the magic number. When negotiating you always come in high so you can have some wiggle room.

I think 15 mill and the guaranteed numbers being where he wants it is all a team needs to get him.

If that was the case why didn’t the Steelers let him see? It would be smart for Bell to see he wasn’t worth what he was asking to knock the price down.

We all know why the FO didn’t go that route.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Dolphins traded Jarvis Landry when he was tagged. And a third rounder is ludicrous he is worth a 1 and 3

Rookie

User Info Menu

Thank you I'm glad someone agrees....He is not worth that figure

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sheets33 View Post
    Dolphins traded Jarvis Landry when he was tagged. And a third rounder is ludicrous he is worth a 1 and 3
    Jarvis signed his tag. Bell hasn’t signed his yet.

The third round would be the highesr compensatory pick they would have received IF Bell was a UFA and could test the market.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I donít think 18 mill is the magic number. When negotiating you always come in high so you can have some wiggle room.

I think 15 mill and the guaranteed numbers being where he wants it is all a team needs to get him.

If that was the case why didnít the Steelers let him see? It would be smart for Bell to see he wasnít worth what he was asking to knock the price down.

We all know why the FO didnít go that route.
    They didnít go that route because you donít let talent just walk away without trying to get something for it. That would be stupid. Did the dolphins just let Landry walk away?

Banned

User Info Menu

They didn’t go that route because you don’t let talent just walk away without trying to get something for it. That would be stupid. Did the dolphins just let Landry walk away?
    Then why is everyone saying we should’ve let him test the market?

Legend

User Info Menu

Because in hindsight , we should have. Hindsight is always 20/20

Legend

User Info Menu

Because the Steelers want him on the team but not at the price he says he deserves, thats why.
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Because in hindsight , we should have. Hindsight is always 20/20
    I think letting him test the market is the same as letting him walk.

1) I think that some team pays him the contract he wants. Even if he didn't get the deal he wanted there is undoubtedly at least one team in the league willing to pay more than the Steelers. This is because the steelers are usually pretty rational with contracts and usually don't have a tin of cap room

2) even if he didn't get a better contract elsewhere, I think it's very unlikely for players to come back to a former team with their hat in their hands and say they were wrong about their value. We've also often seen players leave the team for huge back loaded contracts with larger total values than we offered... Then the player gets cut after 2 seasons and does not see the big money. It's great for the agents though... They get paid on the total value.

Bottom line: I think trading him or letting him test the market and expecting him to come back are pipe dreams.

I think our choices are really:
    1) let him walk
    2) 1 year tag
    3) market breaking long term deal

I find it hard to believe we'll do 1 or 3.

Banned

User Info Menu

i would hope the team is looking into a trade where bell would sign knowing he would get traded, and paid.
    i would wait until the last second then pull the offer. hopefully the FA money would be gone