Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tom Brady summing up why old football, Steeler-type football, was better

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Tom Brady summing up why old football, Steeler-type football, was better

I have to say, I have a shocking new respect for Tom Brady after seeing this interview clip
    I feel like Ben would agree with him, but it would be interesting to hear his take..

The game of football really has changed so much

Click this Twitter link to watch the clip

https://mobile.twitter.com/CarmieV/s...0%2Fframe.html

Legend

User Info Menu

I never hated on Brady. His success is frustrating but I find it hard to disrespect him. Dude plays the game right, says the right things, had to prove himself to doubters INCLUDING HIS OLD COACH.

I hate the Pats. I kinda enjoyed seeing Brady succeed without them, showing them up a little.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    I never hated on Brady. His success is frustrating but I find it hard to disrespect him. Dude plays the game right, says the right things, had to prove himself to doubters INCLUDING HIS OLD COACH.

I hate the Pats. I kinda enjoyed seeing Brady succeed without them, showing them up a little.
    I thought I hated Brady but I actually hate the Pats. I really didn’t mind seeing him win. I enjoyed seeing the Pats struggle without him and exposing Billicheat.
    Tomlin’s coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

I think he’s got a point.

but let’s be real here. He, Peyton and brees are three guys who benefited the most from this these types of call.

ive seen all 3 look to the officials for penalties and gotten a flag when there shouldn’t have been.

I wish he said this 10 years ago. Maybe he wouldn’t have gotten away with so much

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post

but let’s be real here. He, Peyton and brees are three guys who benefited the most from this these types of call.

ive seen all 3 look to the officials for penalties and gotten a flag when there shouldn’t have been.

I wish he said this 10 years ago. Maybe he wouldn’t have gotten away with so much
    I was going to say this. Ironically, he may hate what has happened to the game but nobody has benefit more.

Legend

User Info Menu

Thanks for posting this.

I wouldn't have expected an offensive player to feel this way, or at least to say this out loud.

I'm sure James Harrison would be silently nodding his head the whole way through this interview.

Legend

User Info Menu

Yep. The tuck rule was invented just for him.

On a related note, the new rule on no low blocks outside the TE box is expected to benefit the outside run game a lot. This is the area where DBs and LBs would cut block OL. Defenses are going to have an even harder time trying to stop offenses this season.
    Used to be that if a team avg'd about 21 pts/gm they were likely playoff bound. Last season the NFL avg was around 24 pts/gm.

They are also trying to implement more standards for calling offensive holding. Not sure which side this will end up favoring.

This game is no longer your father's game.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post

I totally agree. I never hated Brady (except during games when he beat our asses.) I am a fan of excellence, and he is the epitome of it. I love that he left NE and immediately won another ring. Choke on it, Pats.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Agreeing with the way the league has changed and taking advantage of those changes in-game to help your team win are very different things.

Legend

User Info Menu

I do agree that it is easy to profess a desire for the "good-ole-days" years after rules benefitting you are implemented. I think it is a shot at young guys who have less to worry about today. The habits he has because of coming up pre-rules change actually inhibit his game today. It is a legit point.,