Page 51 of 115 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Thread: Le'Veon Bell

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    Who? I think you get more bang for your buck with a RB who can run the ball 20 times, also protect and catch 70 dump offs a year vs a WR who might get 10 targets a game.

They got Crowder in the slot. Wouldn’t be surprised if they made another move before the season starts.
    70 dump offs? The Jets Top WR last year had 50 receptions for 752 yards. The NFL's Top WRs are doubling those numbers. Just about all the 2019 FA WRs had MUCH better numbers on a consistent basis including Tate, Thomas, Humphries and many more. Plus a good, experienced WR may help their young QB a lot more in the passing game. I just don't think Bell will be that much better than the RB by committee and have as much impact as a big time WR. That's just my opinion, I could be wrong

According to NFL salaries, WRs are getting much more bang for the buck.
    Last edited by STH70; 07-16-2019 at 01:49 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by STH70 View Post
    70 dump offs? The Jets Top WR last year had 50 receptions for 752 yards. The NFL's Top WRs are doubling those numbers. Just about all the 2019 FA WRs had MUCH better numbers on a consistent basis including Tate, Thomas, Humphries and many more. Plus a good, experienced WR may help their young QB a lot more in the passing game. I just don't think Bell will be that much better than the RB by committee and have as much impact as a big time WR. That's just my opinion, I could be wrong

According to NFL salaries, WRs are getting much more bang for the buck.
    Bell had over 75 receptions 3 of the last 4 years.

These are dump offs but they still move the chains, keep the QB clean and rarely are those dump offs prone to INTís.

Crowed should help them, again... I donít know if Sam Darnold is that dude but the best way to protect a young QB is a strong running game with a 3 down back who can also split out wide as a WR.

Bell is probably the hardest RB to game plan for too.

There was a reason he was 50% of our offense. He changes the game plan for the D more than a star WR.

Canít wait to see how he looks after a year off.

One other thing. I donít think the Jets want Darnold throwing a ton of passes.
    Last edited by Oh wow; 07-16-2019 at 02:13 PM.

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    Bell had over 75 receptions 3 of the last 4 years.

These are dump offs but they still move the chains, keep the QB clean and rarely are those dump offs prone to INT’s.

Crowed should help them, again... I don’t know if Sam Darnold is that dude but the best way to protect a young QB is a strong running game with a 3 down back who can also split out wide as a WR.

Bell is probably the hardest RB to game plan for too.

There was a reason he was 50% of our offense. He changes the game plan for the D more than a star WR.

Can’t wait to see how he looks after a year off.

One other thing. I don’t think the Jets want Darnold throwing a ton of passes.
    All excellent points.
    As I said, I think the Jets offense will be better but not by much. I just don't think Bell will have a huge impact, especially in the win/loss column. I do think Darnold will be better. Hard to get any worse without getting benched.

Good discussion. Looking forward to training camp.

PS. Just got the email from the Steelers office. My season tickets will be delivered tomorrow.

Legend

User Info Menu

Le'Veon Bell will change teams ... again

We nailed this one last year (though, to be fair, that was easy), and we're going to run it back out there. The marriage between Bell and the Jets isn't off to the smoothest start. His contract really guarantees him only two years anyway, and it makes him a lot easier to trade next offseason if 2019 doesn't go well.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...edictions-2022

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Le'Veon Bell will change teams ... again

We nailed this one last year (though, to be fair, that was easy), and we're going to run it back out there. The marriage between Bell and the Jets isn't off to the smoothest start. His contract really guarantees him only two years anyway, and it makes him a lot easier to trade next offseason if 2019 doesn't go well.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...edictions-2022
    this prediction are right after a prediction that the Chargers will be in the SB.

Legend

User Info Menu

Yinz are focused on the skill positions but the big uglies up front are what makes the running and passing games work. The Jets have been in the bottom half of the league QB sacks allowed. So unless their OL turns things around I don't know how much the RB will be able to improve a weak offense.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Yinz are focused on the skill positions but the big uglies up front are what makes the running and passing games work. The Jets have been in the bottom half of the league QB sacks allowed. So unless their OL turns things around I don't know how much the RB will be able to improve a weak offense.
    boom..................
    From the 2010-2019 season, (An 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. So why delay the inevitable?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

Legend

User Info Menu

Adam Gase likes to run a dink and dunk short passing game. I could see Le'Veon being used heavily as a receiver out of the backfield which would reduce Darnold's sacks and thus improve the Jets' offense.

Banned

User Info Menu

You're right.
    As I've said, the Jets were #29, #28 and #26 in total offense the last 3 years. A lot needs to be fixed. Looked at some O-line rankings for 2019 and the Jets are #27 or #28 on almost all sites. Bell and a short passing game may help, but not nearly enough.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Adam Gase likes to run a dink and dunk short passing game. I could see Le'Veon being used heavily as a receiver out of the backfield which would reduce Darnold's sacks and thus improve the Jets' offense.
    And how long before linebackers just sit on that flare out to Bell all the time? You can only mask a bad O-line for only so long.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (An 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. So why delay the inevitable?

FIRE MIKE TOMLIN