Page 50 of 123 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast
Results 491 to 500 of 1226

Thread: Le'Veon Bell

  1. #491
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steelerphile View Post
    The Jets have been pretty effective using the committee approach with Bilal Powell, Isaiah Crowell and Matt Forte in the recent past. I think they are expecting a vast improvement because they invested so much money in Bell. I don't think they will get the bang for their buck. I think Bell will just be basically just as effective or maybe slightly better. But paying a guy big money does not mean that he will produce greatly. That's a mistake that has been made numerous times in professional sports.

    It won’t take long; after the first 3 games you’ll see my point about Bell.
    From the 2010-2019 season, (An 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Our history has been defined by what we do in the postseason; not the regular season.

    My official proclamation: WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. So why delay the inevitable?

    FIRE MIKE TOMLIN

  2. #492
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    There are no personal beefs from me; you brought Ben into the discussion and I elaborated on it. You have a personal beef with Ben; people already know about it and itís okay for you to bring it in but donít expect someone not to follow up on what you say.
    Yeah, thatís awesome.

  3. #493
    Banned

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    This might very well be the case when they were 19th in the NFL in rushing and we were 20th, or when they were 12th in the league in rushing and we were 14th...both very close...I didn't go that far in depth...just raw rushing stats that are easy to find.

    However, there were other years listed above where they were 3rd and we were 16th, they were 6th and we were 27th, they were 12th and we were 26th...gaps that large wouldn't be attributed to QB rushing yards.
    You're absolutely right. But there were a couple years where their QB rushing yards were over 300 yards better than the Steelers.

    At any rate, The Jets may have been better off going after a big-time WR in free agency and continuing the RB by committee approach.
    Until Darnold proves he has any threat of a passing game, Bell will probably be looking at 8 defenders in the box most of the time. He'll be asked to carry the bulk of the load and he has been injured before.

  4. #494
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by STH70 View Post
    You're absolutely right. But there were a couple years where their QB rushing yards were over 300 yards better than the Steelers.

    At any rate, The Jets may have been better off going after a big-time WR in free agency and continuing the RB by committee approach.
    Until Darnold proves he has any threat of a passing game, Bell will probably be looking at 8 defenders in the box most of the time. He'll be asked to carry the bulk of the load and he has been injured before.
    I think having the focus on Bell will make it easier for WR’s to get open. Plus Bell is a great at protecting QB’s in the passing game because he is a good blocker.

    I think the rushing yards regardless of QB runs still implies they aren’t nearly as bad at run blocking as some try to suggest.

    Remember this was one of the teams folks said had a pretty good running back by committee before they signed Bell.

    It’s a whole new coaching staff though so we will see how it plays out.

    However, I doubt folks were coming from a place of honesty when discussing the Jets once they signed Bell. It’s personal for obvious reasons.

  5. #495
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by STH70 View Post
    At any rate, The Jets may have been better off going after a big-time WR in free agency and continuing the RB by committee approach.
    This was likely the disagreement between the coach and their GM at the time, which ultimately got the GM fired after the draft and free agency had already occurred this year.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

    Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

    We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

    We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

  6. #496
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    This was likely the disagreement between the coach and their GM at the time, which ultimately got the GM fired after the draft and free agency had already occurred this year.
    The HC was also mad at the signing of Mosley. Such a weird power play for a new HC.

  7. #497
    Banned

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    I think having the focus on Bell will make it easier for WR’s to get open. Plus Bell is a great at protecting QB’s in the passing game because he is a good blocker.

    I think the rushing yards regardless of QB runs still implies they aren’t nearly as bad at run blocking as some try to suggest.

    Remember this was one of the teams folks said had a pretty good running back by committee before they signed Bell.

    It’s a whole new coaching staff though so we will see how it plays out.

    However, I doubt folks were coming from a place of honesty when discussing the Jets once they signed Bell. It’s personal for obvious reasons.
    The Jets were #26 Rushing, #25 Passing and #29 Total Offense last year, and #29, #28 and #26 in Total Offense the last 3 years. There's a whole lot that needs fixing with that offense and I just don't think Bell will fix all their woes, but it is a start.
    Right now the Jets are BAD in all phases of offense including run blocking until proven otherwise.
    It's not personal for me when discussing the Jets. They are a fixture in the AFC East basement the last few years. I doubt most Steelers fans give the Jets a second thought. Discussing Bell may be a different story for some.

  8. #498
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by STH70 View Post
    The Jets were #26 Rushing, #25 Passing and #29 Total Offense last year, and #29, #28 and #26 in Total Offense the last 3 years. There's a whole lot that needs fixing with that offense and I just don't think Bell will fix all their woes, but it is a start.
    Right now the Jets are BAD in all phases of offense including run blocking until proven otherwise.
    It's not personal for me when discussing the Jets. They are a fixture in the AFC East basement the last few years. I doubt most Steelers fans give the Jets a second thought. Discussing Bell may be a different story for some.
    The only reason we discuss the Jets on here is because of Bell.

    They have no where to go but up IMO. I think folks are really underestimating Bells impact to an offense.

  9. #499
    Banned

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    The only reason we discuss the Jets on here is because of Bell.

    They have no where to go but up IMO. I think folks are really underestimating Bells impact to an offense.
    Right. I'm just saying that some fans may resent Bell's departure but couldn't care lees about the Jets.

    I agree, no where to go but up. I think Bell will make their offense better. But I think one of the top rated WRs may have had more of an impact while continuing the RB by committee approach. Just my opinion.

  10. #500
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by STH70 View Post
    Right. I'm just saying that some fans may resent Bell's departure but couldn't care lees about the Jets.

    I agree, no where to go but up. I think Bell will make their offense better. But I think one of the top rated WRs may have had more of an impact while continuing the RB by committee approach. Just my opinion.
    Who? I think you get more bang for your buck with a RB who can run the ball 20 times, also protect and catch 70 dump offs a year vs a WR who might get 10 targets a game.

    They got Crowder in the slot. Wouldn’t be surprised if they made another move before the season starts.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •