Page 90 of 146 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140 ... LastLast

Thread: Le'Veon Bell

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I believe the jets paid less for LB than we offered. Perhaps it can be worked out. I think he would be welcomed back in the locker room. Players understand the business of the NFL.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Bell looks the same imo and he's better than any RB on our roster. And I hate saying that because I like Connor and Samuals.

I'm not saying Bell is worth the contract.

I wonder how many of you have actually watched the Jets this year or formed your opinion by simply looking at his stats. Stats don't paint the entire picture.
    yea i have watched him.. and thats why i said he shows flashes.. but is not the player he was when with us (for whatever reason/s). With the salary cap... we cant simply say we are a better team with a guy (versus without) because of the implications that contract has on maintaining the rest of the roster

Legend

User Info Menu

and i think its hillarious if the jets are already trying to move him...

Doesnt sound like a "Generational talent" to me

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    1) where are we going to get the money for Bell?
    We have 3 million next year and plenty of holes to fill. (I don't know and there may not be a way to fit him in the cap but the Steelers are very thin at RB right now)
    2) no way Bell tucks tail and comes back here. He knows he lost lots of money, made enemies and got humiliated in public. He wanted guaranteed money and got it. (I don't think Bell's departure was all that acrimonious but I think the fans would accept him back, especially after made some big plays in big games)
    3) if we weren't going to cave in and give guaranteed money when he was productive, why would we now. (Well, the Jets would be on the hook for the signing bonus, the Steelers only his salary, I think. So, 8 games in he's owed about 8.5 million this year, if he doesn't renegotiate a contract the Steelers like, they can cut him, no harm, no foul and they used him for 8 games)
    4) what draft picks do we have that we can afford to give away? (Probably none)
    I realize there's probably no way to get him back to the Steelers but the Steelers are thin at RB right now. They are going to have sign an RB before this coming weekend I would think.

Pappy

The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

1.18 - Minkah Fitzpatrick, FS, Alabama
    2.49 -
    4.114 -
    4.117 -
    6.179 -

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

it would be beyond ridiculous to even think about bringing bell back here

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    yes it would.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Agreed.
    I don't see how it would EVER be possible on many levels.

Legend

User Info Menu

Exactly...........
    From the 2010-2019 season, (A 9 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

WE WILL NOT WIN ANOTHER SUPER BOWL WITH MIKE TOMLIN AS OUR HEAD COACH. So why delay the inevitable?

Dolphin fans in the 90ís who wanted to hold on to Don Shula for what he did in the 70ís...

Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for what he did in 2008.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I wonder if this just proves big money for RB's is a bad idea. To many injuries. Gurley does not look the same to me. Bell is below avg on a bad team, was good on a good team. Even the cards RB is hurt a lot and I think he got paid. They just Traded for Miami's other RB.
    I would like Bell back to be In a 2 back committee with a sprinkle of J Sam. As many here agree.
    Conner is banged up a lot. But what do you offer him soon? Is Snell a wasted pick then?
    Will Bell be humbled at all after all this? Getting traded for peanuts would have to hurt his ego.
    I know he can fit into the cap after some cuts etc but will he work his contract at all once here?
    No idea how things with him went on behind the scenes. Maybe the FO is like NO way not even for a low pick in 2021. I think he would really help save this season. Just not sure it can be done with all the moving parts.
    It would not seem to be something the Steelers do but for the rest of this season he would be a good rental then let him try again or restructure in the offseason. But what pick is that worth in 2021? I am not giving any up in 2020.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

All the Bell ball washers should be banned.