Page 3 of 239 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Le'Veon Bell

Legend

User Info Menu

I doubt it squid...Im pretty sure they will hold their ground and force him to make 14.5 million this year...Poor Lev

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    i would hope the team is looking into a trade where bell would sign knowing he would get traded, and paid.
    i would wait until the last second then pull the offer. hopefully the FA money would be gone
    That’s because you are shallow and petty. Thankfully that’s not how we operate.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Banned

User Info Menu

Well, here’s the first of many reports. I told y’all that teams are not going to give Bell the money he thinks...

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8390/leveon-bell

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Well, here’s the first of many reports. I told y’all that teams are not going to give Bell the money he thinks...

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8390/leveon-bell
    See my post regarding the Rams Gurley deal. They may be regretting it already.

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    See my post regarding the Rams Gurley deal. They may be regretting it already.

Feltzdizz is still in this poster room under another name so I posted this for him. Bell isn’t as valued as he thinks he is.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Feltzdizz is still in this poster room under another name so I posted this for him. Bell isn’t as valued as he thinks he is.
    I agree. I think his window of opportunity shriveled like a grape in the hot Arizona sun.

Legend

User Info Menu

in the Miami heat maybe. lol

Bell took a hell of a gamble... and it looks like hes gonna lose out bigly

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Maybe he was never going to sign to anything last year because, he still has an injury and \ or in the weeds......

Banned

User Info Menu

Well, we know what he was doing down in Miami all last year as far as the weed is concerned. But that's another team's problem now.

Legend

User Info Menu

Schefter: Steelers May Still Use Transition Tag On Le’Veon Bell

By Alex Kozora
    Posted on February 3, 2019

The Le’Veon Bell saga isn’t over just yet. According to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, the Pittsburgh Steelers are “still considering” placing the transition tag on Bell. From Schefter:

“Pittsburgh’s decision depends on how much another team would value Bell and whether the Steelers would be willing to match the offer sheet.”

During the regular season, Bell told ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler the Steelers told Bell they would transition him should the two sides not hammer out a long-term deal. Bell skipped all of 2018 in response. As Schefter notes, the value of the tag would become murky.

“There also is a battle brewing between the NFL and and NFL Players Association over the value of what the transition tag would be on Bell if the Steelers did use it. Bell and the NFLPA will argue that the transition tag is close to $14.5 million based on the escalating value of tags, and the Steelers and the NFL will say it’s closer to $9.5 million because Bell sat out this past season.”

It’s difficult to see Pittsburgh being able to retain Bell should they transition him. Matching a contract seems unlikely for two big reasons. One, other teams are going to offer more, the Steelers have already given their best offer, and two, most organizations structure their deals differently than Pittsburgh, offering more guaranteed money.

If they ultimately tag and lose him, they’ll have wasted time and tied up money. They also won’t receive compensatory value like they would if they let him test free agency (where they can still compete to bring him back, by the way).

February 19th marks the first day teams can use the transition or franchise tag on players. The deadline to do so is March 5th at 4 PM. Should the Steelers go that route, it wouldn’t be the first time under Kevin Colbert they’ve transitioned a player. Max Starks and Jason Worilds received such a designation in 2008 and 2014, respectively. Click here for a full list of tagged players in franchise history.

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/02/sc...n-leveon-bell/