Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 LastLast

Thread: Le'Veon Bell

Legend

User Info Menu

He still won't believe it
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Starter

User Info Menu

"that ain't enough to come run with the Jets..."

Le'Veon Bonehead Bell commenting on hypothetical $60 million Jets offer last year.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I look at it this way. Bell won to the point he got more guaranteed money.
    But lost millions. Had he taken the 2016 offer. I am not a contract guy and there is so many "turns" in these contracts I am not sure who is correct. Also no guarantee on the info on the Steelers actual contracts.
    But a few comments over at Depot on there Bell money article was interesting.
    How much money he really lost by not taking the 2016 deal. And that's not even figuring a possible contract in 2020 I think.
    The Steelers honor there big contracts 99% I think. Some times if production warrants it they ask for a pay cut. Or I am sure getting into trouble could forfeit a contract. Bell made a bold move will make millions but he overvalued himself and lost millions.
    One last crazy thing I noticed is for how all Steeler fans praised these two stars there was no bidding wars for them!
    Speaks volumes to me on what the NFL really thinks of both. To me is says: NOT WORTH THE MONEY!
    And look at the money handed out to other players this FA with no "bad" attitudes.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser View Post
    I look at it this way. Bell won to the point he got more guaranteed money.
    But lost millions. Had he taken the 2016 offer. I am not a contract guy and there is so many "turns" in these contracts I am not sure who is correct. Also no guarantee on the info on the Steelers actual contracts.
    But a few comments over at Depot on there Bell money article was interesting.
    How much money he really lost by not taking the 2016 deal. And that's not even figuring a possible contract in 2020 I think.
    The Steelers honor there big contracts 99% I think. Some times if production warrants it they ask for a pay cut. Or I am sure getting into trouble could forfeit a contract. Bell made a bold move will make millions but he overvalued himself and lost millions.
    One last crazy thing I noticed is for how all Steeler fans praised these two stars there was no bidding wars for them!
    Speaks volumes to me on what the NFL really thinks of both. To me is says: NOT WORTH THE MONEY!
    And look at the money handed out to other players this FA with no "bad" attitudes.
    Both players got paid. Both players could potentially make a lot more money in endorsements playing in larger markets than Pittsburgh.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    Both players got paid. Both players could potentially make a lot more money in endorsements playing in larger markets than Pittsburgh.
    Yeah Jets players bank big time.
    This has been the case for decades

From this guy making bank in the 70s

To this OTHER Jet dude who gets mad endorsement deals today:

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    Might take AB a little while to get endorsements. Repair his smiling image. True that on Bell. Unless the wacky tobacco becomes a problem.

Legend

User Info Menu

If this guy ONLY PLAYED IN NYC.......this FAILED ad campaign might have just worked

Thankfully.....media geniuses Head and Shoulders got a NY players endorsement.........saved the failed campaign

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 03-15-2019 at 01:31 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Dont get me started on the HUGE endorsement deals Raider players are making.
    Time will not permit me to list the names.

(Just for starters I'm sure Derek Carr is endorsing "Crazy Joe's" used car lot on the corner of State and Main. Cause "crazy Joe" knows his "Carrs")

Last edited by Captain Lemming; 03-15-2019 at 01:56 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Troy (20th Market) and LT (28th market) was a MAJOR MISTAKE in this ad nobody even remembers:

Legend

User Info Menu

BTW........FAVORITE NFL PLAYER COMMERCIAL EVER........Mean Joe and the kid......distant second for me.

"FATE"
    Demonstrating the lifelong inclination towards offense (LT elusive) or defense (Troy destructive)

Gives me chills after the tackle....giggling kids.....what the "game" is supposed to be about.

I can replay this video for an hour and enjoy every minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Troy (20th Market) and LT (28th market) was a MAJOR MISTAKE in this ad nobody even remembers:

Last edited by Captain Lemming; 03-15-2019 at 02:33 AM.