Page 113 of 222 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163213 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 2218

Thread: Le'Veon Bell

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    I think there is a difference in drug testing, big difference between having your blood drawn with a needle and having to pee in a cup. Also 5 times in 10 weeks is a bit excessive and he is not the first guy to complain about this.
    I agree that it's excessive for a player not in the drug program.

But someone who's in the program accepts increased random testing as a condition of continued employment.

But we don't K ow who's in the program because the league can't disclose it early in the process (which is reasonable IMO) .

Legend

User Info Menu

Le'Veon Bell, New York Jets

The deal: Four years, $52.5 million

The famous phrase surrounding Bell was that the Steelers wanted to "pay the position, not the player." The implication, of course, is that Bell transcends the running back position. While he attracted a ton of volume as a receiver in Pittsburgh, the argument that he deserved to be paid like a combo of a running back and wide receiver didn't stand serious scrutiny. The Steelers did just fine at running back without Bell in 2018.

Bell's stint in New York has been a disaster. Surrounded by a dismal offensive line and with a coach who might not want him altogether, the three-time Pro Bowler has averaged just 3.2 yards per carry and has yet to top 70 rushing or receiving yards in a game. His longest play of the season has gone for only 21 yards, and while he was incredibly efficient in Pittsburgh, Bell ranks dead last in DVOA and 28th in success rate, which measures how frequently a back keeps his offense on schedule. DVOA doesn't tell the whole story for running backs, but Bell hasn't remotely moved the needle in his first season in the Big Apple.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...look-disasters

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oh wow View Post
    We live in an age where people actually it ally take Twitter as facts.

Anyone holding a player to their words on Twitter has too much time on their hands.
    It depends who the player is, what they said and if you are a fan of him or not.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Le'Veon Bell, New York Jets

The deal: Four years, $52.5 million

The famous phrase surrounding Bell was that the Steelers wanted to "pay the position, not the player." The implication, of course, is that Bell transcends the running back position. While he attracted a ton of volume as a receiver in Pittsburgh, the argument that he deserved to be paid like a combo of a running back and wide receiver didn't stand serious scrutiny. The Steelers did just fine at running back without Bell in 2018.

Bell's stint in New York has been a disaster. Surrounded by a dismal offensive line and with a coach who might not want him altogether, the three-time Pro Bowler has averaged just 3.2 yards per carry and has yet to top 70 rushing or receiving yards in a game. His longest play of the season has gone for only 21 yards, and while he was incredibly efficient in Pittsburgh, Bell ranks dead last in DVOA and 28th in success rate, which measures how frequently a back keeps his offense on schedule. DVOA doesn't tell the whole story for running backs, but Bell hasn't remotely moved the needle in his first season in the Big Apple.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...look-disasters
    Congrats to Bell on getting paid. His skipping last year.... and his "Falling off the cliff" in NY has undoubtedly cost him a shot at the HOF. I seriously doubt he cares though.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Congrats to Bell on getting paid. His skipping last year.... and his "Falling off the cliff" in NY has undoubtedly cost him a shot at the HOF. I seriously doubt he cares though.
    He definitely didn't help future rbs out on setting the bar but he did help them by showing what not to do.
    He also helped the gms out.

Legend

User Info Menu

LOL...this thread was started in March 2018 by a poster called sheets33. This was during the off-season prior to him sitting out, and therefore he was not a Steeler player at the time.

I'm not sure if 113 pages (and counting) is a record, but it certainly must be a record for a non-Steeler player.

Sheets33 has a grand total of 6 posts and I think that they are all on this thread. I don't know if he a poster on this board under another name, but as this thread soars to 125...150...and eventually 200 pages, sheets33 left quite a legacy for himself. A tip of the hat to long departed sheets33 whose lone thread will outlast him by several years.

Here is a copy of the little post that started it all:

I have a question for my fellow Steelers fans....Does anyone out the feel that the organization should pay Bell 14.5 million? The man is good but not 14.5 million good.
    Whoudda thunk it?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    LOL...this thread was started in March 2018 by a poster called sheets33. This was during the off-season prior to him sitting out, and therefore he was not a Steeler player at the time.

I'm not sure if 113 pages (and counting) is a record, but it certainly must be a record for a non-Steeler player.

Sheets33 has a grand total of 6 posts and I think that they are all on this thread. I don't know if he a poster on this board under another name, but as this thread soars to 125...150...and eventually 200 pages, sheets33 left quite a legacy for himself. A tip of the hat to long departed sheets33 whose lone thread will outlast him by several years.

Whoudda thunk it?
    Maybe this post deserves a new thread?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Maybe this post deserves a new thread?
    I was actually going to post it as a new thread and see if the tribute to Le'Veon Bell thread could climb to as many pages as the actual thread. But then I realized that I'd prefer to see this thread grow to 200 pages so now we just need about 85 pages of tribute to sheets33

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    You act like he retired.

His career isn’t over. It’s the first year on a bad team with a new staff.

Lmao at acting like this is the end.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post

Whoudda thunk it?
    It's probably another poster using a different name.