Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Steelers Sign Jon Bostic, ILB

Legend

User Info Menu

Week 2 in FA is money week for the Steelers. Pick fits exactly with their modus operandi. Get the high-priced bidding out of the way and find value with the second tier players that might be ready to take a step up. Based on highlights, the guy seems to know how to wrap-up and tackle. He might not be the fastest to the play, but if he's there he will make the tackle. That's a big plus for the Steelers defense that struggles in this area.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Absolutely!!!!

Wait a minute........ isnt this our ONLY pick of the offseason?
    It’s easier that way

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    I've never been a fan of taking a safety in round one. I know there have been some great ones taken in the first round but there have been far more taken later. I was just asking.
    Last time WE did that it sure was a horrible mistake.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

You may or may not like the move but it seems he's better than any healthy ILB the Steelers have on the roster, including Williams. A step in the right direction from what I can see.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    You may or may not like the move but it seems he's better than any healthy ILB the Steelers have on the roster, including Williams. A step in the right direction from what I can see.

Pappy
    Agree. This was not a depth signing. This was a talent upgrade.

Also creates some flexibility going into the draft since they don't have to reach for ILB

Legend

User Info Menu

Yep. No depth signing here. He will start opposite of VW

Legend

User Info Menu

Gotta love this Jon Bostic shot on Teddy Bridgewater from back in their college days...

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Gotta love this Jon Bostic shot on Teddy Bridgewater from back in their college days...

Daaaayumm. I remember that play. Didn’t even realize this was the same guy. He was a monster at Florida.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Last time WE did that it sure was a horrible mistake.
    I know, I know.

But guys like Troy are few and far between. LOL. I knew someone was going to bust on me for that.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    I LOL. I knew someone was going to bust on me for that.
    When the pitch is low, slow and over the plate.....gotta swing my friend.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher