Legend

User Info Menu

OT: QB contracts

Cousins to Vikings 3 years 84 mill guaranteed
    Brees extended 2 years 50 mill
    Sam Bradford to AZ 1 yr 20 million... how???? Smh
    Bridgewater to Jets 1 yr 15 million
    McNown to Jets 1yr 10 million

I have never seen so much movement with QB's. What the hell are the Jets doing? They also have the #6 pick and will probably take a QB.

How is Sam Bradford still duping teams?

not sure what this means for Ben. Hoefully he takes a Brees type deal but for 3 years
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I was thinking the same thing... is there still going to be a rush on QBs in the first?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

10 million is upper tier backup money and 15 million is lower tier starter money.

I dont see why they wouldnt invest in a QB at 6 still. Dont really mind the moves for the jets at all, rushing a QB in can be a kiss of death and they might have something with teddy

Rookie top 10 picks get between 5-7 million per year it seems....meaning they might be paying a total of 30 million to QBs next year and may have a legitimate competition. Not terrible for a one year thing when you have the cap space and believe in the return of bridgewater
    Last edited by K Train; 03-14-2018 at 05:14 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    10 million is upper tier backup money and 15 million is lower tier starter money.

I dont see why they wouldnt invest in a QB at 6 still. Dont really mind the moves for the jets at all, rushing a QB in can be a kiss of death and they might have something with teddy

Rookie top 10 picks get between 5-7 million per year it seems....meaning they might be paying a total of 30 million to QBs next year and may have a legitimate competition. Not terrible for a one year thing when you have the cap space and believe in the return of bridgewater
    They are drafting a QB. 10 mill for a back up is expensive tho.

I think they could get by with Bridgewater and a no name for 1.5 mill

I dont see the point of McNown

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Banned

User Info Menu

OKay..

So who is the best QB coming out of college then?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    They are drafting a QB. 10 mill for a back up is expensive tho.

I think they could get by with Bridgewater and a no name for 1.5 mill

I dont see the point of McNown
    Mccown is probably insurance for Teddy....he may not make it out of camp if teddy knee holds up. His contract has $0 guaranteed

Also, Teddy's deal is for $5 million base and up to $15 million with incentives. They seem to have protected themselves with these two deals, not sure about Teddy's guaranteed money but im sure its low if any
    Last edited by K Train; 03-14-2018 at 06:18 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

If Bridgewater can remain healthy, he’s the best QB pick-up this offseason...
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Jackson Powers-Johnson OC
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    3. Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint WR
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Starter

User Info Menu

Some of you have a lot more faith in Bridgewater than I do. Don't get me wrong, I'm pulling for the guy, but beside a brief appearance last season he hasn't played any meaningful football since 2015. Its amazing he's even able to play now.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Mccown is probably insurance for Teddy....he may not make it out of camp if teddy knee holds up. His contract has $0 guaranteed

Also, Teddy's deal is for $5 million base and up to $15 million with incentives. They seem to have protected themselves with these two deals, not sure about Teddy's guaranteed money but im sure its low if any
    ahhh, ok. This makes sense. I thought it was 15 mill

Legend

User Info Menu

McCarron to Bills 2 yrs, financials not released.