Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vikings offer to Cousins/Bell wants

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Vikings offer to Cousins/Bell wants

I am watching the NFL network, and they are reporting that the Vikings offered Cousins 3 yr 28 Million.

Now compare that to how much Bell wants? I am all for resigning Bell, but in comparison to what the expected "highest paid QB" is offered, it sounds crazy to pay the 15 Million that Bell wants...or am I comparing apples and oranges .

Banned

User Info Menu

Feltz will be here to fight you over Bell in 5, 4, 3,2,1.....................

Legend

User Info Menu

You need a QB in the league. You can get by with mediocre RBs but you can't succeed without a QB. Dense as he is, I'd hope that even Bell understands the QB premium.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george View Post
    I am watching the NFL network, and they are reporting that the Vikings offered Cousins 3 yr 28 Million.

Now compare that to how much Bell wants? I am all for resigning Bell, but in comparison to what the expected "highest paid QB" is offered, it sounds crazy to pay the 15 Million that Bell wants...or am I comparing apples and oranges .
    $28M/year for Cousins is quite a bit higher than what Bell wants. It's nearly double. I'm not sure that comparison is really making the point. But I agree that we shouldn't be paying Bell $15M/year. Much bigger needs on defense.

Banned

User Info Menu

Vikings signed Kirk Cousins, formerly of the Redskins, to a three-year contract.

The deal is believed to be for around $86 million, and ESPN's Adam Schefter reports it will be fully-guaranteed, a landmark for an NFL free agent. The deal is expected to be finalized after Cousins visits the Vikings' facility on Thursday. It always made sense for Cousins to land in Minnesota, an organization with a strong roster and good coaching which gives him a chance to win right away.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    $28M/year for Cousins is quite a bit higher than what Bell wants. It's nearly double. I'm not sure that comparison is really making the point. But I agree that we shouldn't be paying Bell $15M/year. Much bigger needs on defense.
    The point is that Cousins’ deal is in line with other highly paid QBs. Bell wants something far out of line with other highly paid RBs...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    The point is that Cousins’ deal is in line with other highly paid QBs. Bell wants something far out of line with other highly paid RBs...
    Because Bell has taken it upon himself to reset the runningback market for the entire league. Bell said it himself. So if your Steeler management, do you want to do that to the league?

Legend

User Info Menu

Cousins to get 3 years, $86 million, fully guaranteed? Maybe that's in line with what Garappalo got, but it seems out of whack with even the great franchise QBs -- Brees just got 2 year from the Saints, at about $25 million per ... Cousins is gonna make considerably more.
    2024 Mock Draft 3.0

Trade back for an extra 2nd round pick
    1) Graham Barton, C/OT, Duke
    2a) Ladd McConkey, WR, Georgia
    2b) Luke Ohorhorro, DL, Clemson
    3) Kiran Amegadje, OT, Yale
    4) Jayden Hicks, S, Washington St
    6a) Khristian Boyd, DT, Northern Iowa
    6b) Tip Reiman, TE, Illinois

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Vikings still ain't winning the Super Bowl! Have you ever seen him play in a game that "mattered?" He won't be much better (if any) than Keenum! Mark my words...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Vikings signed Kirk Cousins, formerly of the Redskins, to a three-year contract.

The deal is believed to be for around $86 million, and ESPN's Adam Schefter reports it will be fully-guaranteed, a landmark for an NFL free agent. The deal is expected to be finalized after Cousins visits the Vikings' facility on Thursday. It always made sense for Cousins to land in Minnesota, an organization with a strong roster and good coaching which gives him a chance to win right away.
    Delete this thread! I heard it wrong and that is why I could not comprehend it.

I heard, "3 yrs for 28 million", and not " 28 Million per year for 3 years"

In that light WOW.. he got paid!