Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Vikings offer to Cousins/Bell wants

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

So...The Vikings gave imo...probably about the 10th best NFL QB 86 mill ( fully guaranteed ) Stupid!
    And, It's deals like this, That screw it up for all the other teams!

Legend

User Info Menu

I don’t think it necessarily screws things up for other teams.

It means that perpetually good teams need to find smarter ways to put consistently good rosters together instead of overspending when they don’t need to. But really, I think if you look at it- that becomes obvious. There are a handful of teams that are nearly always toward the top of their division, and larger bunch that are in & out of contention every year & a bunch that just never seem to get it.

Teams like the Steelers, Pats, Eagles- these teams ‘get it’. They don’t overspend to try to ‘remain competitive’. They keep the vital cogs together, they draft well- they perpetuate.

Converesely, there are the Browns, the Jets etc who are continually making the same mistakes over & over- over paying guys that other teams removed for a reason.

Then there are the flux teams that are in & out of contention based on either 1 good draft class, or some splashed FA money- but that only gets them a short window to work in before the roster gets gutted to accommodate the FA money spent.

FA $’s will always go up, the same as the cost of living. The same dumb teams will spend dumb money & get poor reward for it.

Cousins was the ‘best’ QB on the FA market. Not the best QB in the NFL. Yet now he is paid like it. Good luck to him. But this will bite the Vikings more than it will ‘the rest of the NFL’. At some point in the next couple of years some of the key guys that got them as far as they went this year will be discarded because of Cousins’ contract numbers. And that is when the Vikings will flux downward again..
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Jackson Powers-Johnson OC
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    3. Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint WR
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Legend

User Info Menu

The “Best” FA QB this year, IMO, signed for the Jets & therefore won’t ever be able to prove he was the best on the market....

That all said, if Case Keenum can get the Vikings to as close as they got, I have to admit that Cousins might take them further. He is clearly a better QB.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Jackson Powers-Johnson OC
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    3. Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint WR
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

This is insane...to play football!!! WTF.... all teams suffer with jacked up prices......Ben is smiling right now......his day is coming soon for a 3 year deal as well....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    The “Best” FA QB this year, IMO, signed for the Jets & therefore won’t ever be able to prove he was the best on the market....

That all said, if Case Keenum can get the Vikings to as close as they got, I have to admit that Cousins might take them further. He is clearly a better QB.
    The funny thing about the MFL is one year you can be in a championship game and the next year you can go 6-10.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    What is there to be outraged about. This is a STEELER board.....who cares what the Redskins paid?
    If WE paid that much to Cousins for that dough and nobody here said boo.......you'd have a case.

Much criticism from Vike fans on the PURPLE THOUGHTS Viking board.

The following is from a thread titled; "Vikings, Cousins reportedly agree to deal"
    -At $28 million a year for the next three seasons, will the Vikings have enough cap space to field a strong team around Cousins?
    -I donÂ’t like it. If cousins stays healthy heÂ’s going to kill our cap again in 2-3 yrs, and if he doesnÂ’t, his cap number kills us now.
    -If this is true I'm really bummed but what do i know? I just have a hard time paying top 5 money to a guy who is not a top 5 QB in the league.

-After 12 posts on the thread "Vikingstate" FINALLY says: "I guess I'll be the first positive comment on this"

https://scout.com/nfl/vikings/Board/...deal-116183399
    There should be some level of outrage from any true NFL Fan. Mediocre players who have proved nothing shouldn't be getting these pay me for nothing contracts, when a guy like LB, who is the best RB in the game and one of the best in the league what not allowed to participate in FA!

Also, LB has been called every name in the book for simply wanting to be paid his worth or allowed to test the open market to get the contract he desires just like Kirk Cousins did! I don't hear one person calling Cousins greedy or selfish for getting all he can at the peak of his value! But LeVeon, No... He's this and that and the other for wanting the contract that he actually DESERVES!!!! THAT IS THE OUTRAGE>>

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

And Sam Bradford, 20 million for one year! Shoot, my mother is mad at that and she is not even an NFL Fan! Hardly ever hear any criticism about this guy stealing money! If I'm LB looking at this joker getting that contract after basically doing nothing since when. Heck yeah, I am seething right now!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by williar View Post
    There should be some level of outrage from any true NFL Fan. Mediocre players who have proved nothing shouldn't be getting these pay me for nothing contracts, when a guy like LB, who is the best RB in the game and one of the best in the league what not allowed to participate in FA!

Also, LB has been called every name in the book for simply wanting to be paid his worth or allowed to test the open market to get the contract he desires just like Kirk Cousins did! I don't hear one person calling Cousins greedy or selfish for getting all he can at the peak of his value! But LeVeon, No... He's this and that and the other for wanting the contract that he actually DESERVES!!!! THAT IS THE OUTRAGE>>
    If Bell wants to test the market next year, more power to him. However, under the terms of the CBA, he doesn't get that right yet. I don't care what he thinks he is worth on the open market because, under the rules, he's not entitled to test the market. If he wants to risk another year on a one year deal, get another 400 touches worth of wear and tear, and then test the market, that's his prerogative.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    If Bell wants to test the market next year, more power to him. However, under the terms of the CBA, he doesn't get that right yet. I don't care what he thinks he is worth on the open market because, under the rules, he's not entitled to test the market. If he wants to risk another year on a one year deal, get another 400 touches worth of wear and tear, and then test the market, that's his prerogative.
    Well, what in the world would the FO want to keep him around for @ 14 mil? According to this board he's selfish, arrogant, slow, a lockerroom destroyer, smokes weed, stupid, not a team player, only about the money, and very much replaceable by much cheaper RBS. So, what gives, smart guy?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by williar View Post
    Well, what in the world would the FO want to keep him around for @ 14 mil? According to this board he's selfish, arrogant, slow, a lockerroom destroyer, smokes weed, stupid, not a team player, only about the money, and very much replaceable by much cheaper RBS. So, what gives, smart guy?
    Well, actually, he's been suspended for smoking weed. That's a fact. And, according to his snapchat, he hangs out with people smoking weed. For somebody looking for a contract, it's incredibly stupid.

The FO offered him a contract around $14 million. Bell wants to act is if its not a fair offer, but he fails to appreciate that, under the CBA, he has no real leverage other than to wait a year. He can bet on himself like Cousins. Maybe it pays off. I think its foolish and, yes, greedy, particularly given that this is a guy who has started and completed exactly 1 season in his NFL career. The Steelers stood behind him despite his multiple suspensions and his injuries.