Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Browns trade for Tryod Taylor, Jarvis Landry and Damarius Randall

Legend

User Info Menu

OT: Browns trade for Tryod Taylor, Jarvis Landry and Damarius Randall

for draft picks and they gave up DeShaun Kizer

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.2a85c6502bdb
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Browns will leapfrog Bungholes quickly...Maybe even Ratbirds!

Legend

User Info Menu

So they still don’t have a decent QB. It’ll be interesting if the take Barkley #1 or dip into an underwhelming QB pool.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    So they still don’t have a decent QB. It’ll be interesting if the take Barkley #1 or dip into an underwhelming QB pool.
    These fools need to pull the trigger on a QB with one of these 2 picks. Pick a guy and roll with him for a few years.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Banned

User Info Menu

Very obvious there taking Barkley with the first overall pick.

They obviously are not stuck on any particular qb so they will roll with who’s left at # 4.

Legend

User Info Menu

man, that team was awesome last year. i cant imagine how great they will be after acquiring those players and all their draft picks
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Same incompetent head coach so expect the same outcomes regardless of the talent acquisition.

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Steel View Post
    Same incompetent head coach so expect the same outcomes regardless of the talent acquisition.
    I don't think Hue is that bad. I watched him coach the Raiders that one year and he was pretty decent. You look at them

Taylor at QB
    Barkley at RB
    The second year TE (who's going to be better)
    Josh Gordon at WR x
    Corey Coleman at WR z
    Jarvis Landry in the slot

That looks like a team that can win at least 4 games provided we see the same defense we saw from them last year and they may improve in defense this year because of youth maturation.

I think they win 4 games minimum

Starter

User Info Menu

They just traded Danny Shelton and their 5th round pick to the Pats for the Pats 2019 3rd roundest

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

It is surprising to see the same people defend Hue Jackson, who has a .188 winning percentage with his best season of 8-8 with the Raiders, while slamming Mike Tomlin and calling for his dismissal after a 13-3 season, a cumulative .659 winning percentage and the one the best records of a head coach in NFL history for an 11 years. Tomlin's worst season is 8-8.

I have my doubts about Jackson at this point. He seemed like he was a good hire, but the Cleveland Browns have been accumulating high draft choices for years. There is no way they shouldn't have had enough talent to win 4 games or so last season, but they went 0-16. I actually understand why Dizz was bullish on them last year because it seemed that they drafted well. It isn't the lack of talent, it is the culture that keeps the Browns historically on the bottom.

I think they gave up on Kizer too soon because it seems to me he has good tools and has better long range potential than Tyrod. They didn't game plan for him appropriately but at times he looked good, especially against the Steelers. On paper the Browns have enough to contend, but we'll see if they create the winning culture, but I have some doubts that Jackson can lead them there. If there isn't clear evidence of improvement next year, I would conclude he can't.