Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Timmons to be released

Starter

User Info Menu

Timmons to be released

I would be intrested in bringing him back on a friendly deal. But what can we expect of 2018 Timmons? Right now, he is better than what we have to pair with Williams, but not the solution. I would like to bring him in for depth and competition with Williams. We still need faster, younger talent at ILB.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I think that he would be great depth. I'd like to bring him back, but not with the intention of having him start (unless he can beat out Vance)

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I think that he would be great depth. I'd like to bring him back, but not with the intention of having him start (unless he can beat out Vance)
    Vance McDonald?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The Man of Steel View Post
    Vance McDonald?
    Not sure if it’s a typo but I have seen Vince Williams called Vance on here a few times.
    ILB
    DL
    S
    RB
    WR
    LB

Legend

User Info Menu

If we are going to look at a veteran ILB on a league minimum contract, I'd prefer Timmons to Sean Spence.

I think Timmons would be ok as a stop gap starter, but I think it's really imperative that the Steelers improve their speed at ILB. Timmons and Vince together are not a fast enough combo. The difficulty with Timmons is that he is not likely to play special teams at this point in his career.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Well, Timmons got his big payday that he wanted so badly from the Dolphins. LOL.

Now maybe he'll come back home and mentor and be a platoon guy. Who knows.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Not sure if it’s a typo but I have seen Vince Williams called Vance on here a few times.
    Vince is who I meant. I don't think Timmons will start (or be a back up) for us at TE. Sorry for the brain fart.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I've seen him called Bince here more often. Pretty soon, maybe we'll start seeing him called Bance.

If Roquan Smith falls to late teens, trade 1.28 & 2.60 to SEA for 1.18 & 4.120:

1.18 LB Roquan Smith
    3.92 FS Jessie Bates
    4.120 RB Royce Freeman
    5.148 DT Ken Norton
    5.165 TE Chris Herndon
    7.220 WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling
    7.246 OT Brett Toth

If not:

1.28 LB Leighton Vander Esch
    2.60 C/G Billy Price
    3.92 FS Jessie Bates
    5.148 DT Ken Norton
    5.165 TE Chris Herndon
    7.220 RB Ito Smith
    7.246 WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I've seen him called Bince here more often. Pretty soon, maybe we'll start seeing him called Bance.
    I crack every time, I read or hear himself to that Bince so he can be a killer "B" too!

Legend

User Info Menu

Not on board with Timmons return. His PT was down last season for a reason. He might still be a better tackler than Spence but he is sloooow. Age has caught up. Prefer the promise of an unknown at this point.