Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Official 2018 Visit Thread

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    NFLDraftScout projects B.J. Hill as a 2nd rounder, but you listed him as a 7th round prospect.
    Thanks. I usually always go back through and see if the rounds have been updated after or near the end of the visits. It is also possible that I had a typo. It is a LOT of info to go through and I will make mistakes for sure. Thanks for the heads up.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Legend

User Info Menu

Does anyone know which Steelers staff attended LSU, USC & Florida St Pro Days?
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Does anyone know which Steelers staff attended LSU, USC & Florida St Pro Days?
    Tomlin and Colbert were reportedly present at LSU...There were Steelers scouts and/or coaches present at both Florida State and USC, but I can’t find the particular names...it is notable that Darrius Heyward-Bey was spotted at the USC Pro Day, but it is unknown if he was representing the Steelers...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

With no 5th year option taken on Dupree, and with Chikillo as the #1 back up at OLB....looking a bit thin there. Nwosu from USC or Sweat from Florida St could be interesting...
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

With no 5th year option taken on Dupree
    This does not appear to be the case:

http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...tion-on-Dupree
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Rookie

User Info Menu

With no 5th year option taken on Dupree, and with Chikillo as the #1 back up at OLB....looking a bit thin there. Nwosu from USC or Sweat from Florida St could be interesting...
    The Steelers exercised the 5th year option on Dupree...but, that doesn't discount Nwosu or Sweat, IMO...
    There are two OLB roster spots from last year that are currently vacant: Harrison and Moats...Keion Adams is the presumptive player for one of those spots...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

only 23 visits............................hmmmmmm?
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    only 23 visits............................hmmmmmm?
    Confirmed by Colbert during the press conference as well.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by calmkiller View Post
    Confirmed by Colbert during the press conference as well.

to me thats real strange. as important as the draft is to the steelers(especially because we dont use FA except for a few bums and a decent player or two)
    the steelers have done a good job in the past of drafting. seems weird that they would change their routine.
    when they sign lots of bums and no names UDFA, the board here applauds them for 'turning over every stone' but they didnt with this years draft process.
    hopefully it turns out.
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    to me thats real strange. as important as the draft is to the steelers(especially because we dont use FA except for a few bums and a decent player or two)
    the steelers have done a good job in the past of drafting. seems weird that they would change their routine.
    when they sign lots of bums and no names UDFA, the board here applauds them for 'turning over every stone' but they didnt with this years draft process.
    hopefully it turns out.
    Taken directly from Steelersdepot:

Quote Originally Posted by Steelersdepot
    Colbert - “I’m sure someone is going to ask, ‘well you only had 23 in for a visit,'” Colbert said Monday. “And that’s true. But we went into this spring with the focus of let’s make sure we don’t bring kids in just to hit 30. We wanted to make sure we were diligent about selecting those. Because when you do those interviews, it’s usually during your meetings. And it takes away from your meetings. We wanted to make sure the ones that we did were the most important.”

Colbert then pointed out the local visits that didn’t count against the 30, of which there were several.
    Prior to that, he outlined the interview process at other times during the draft:
    – Roughly 60 at the Senior Bowl
    – The maximum 60 interviews at the Combine (10 of which, according to Colbert, they had already met at Mobile)
    – “At least” 20 players prior to Pro Days
    Colbert called the latter, the Pro Day visits, a very important part of the process when trying to make decisions. That’s been proven by their track record. Recently, the Steelers’ first round picks haven’t been pre-draft visitors but players the team spent extra time talking to at their Pro Day, like Artie Burns and T.J. Watt. As we’ve repeated several times, the last player the team selected in the first round without Tomlin/Colbert at his Pro Day was Ziggy Hood in 2009.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!