Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Well...

Backup

User Info Menu

Well...

Tomorrow is the 20th...What's everyones opinion, Does Bell get tagged?

Legend

User Info Menu

more than likely yes, but I think they work out a deal this year
    ILB
    DL
    S
    RB
    WR
    LB

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ed Bouchette (on 2/16) – said Steelers “truly seem intent on keeping le’Veon Bell and, indeed, signing him to a long-term deal.”

Here’s how it could go down:

Say they were willing to give Bell an average of $15 million over four years or $60 million total. It could break down like this: $24 million to sign, $1 million salary this year and subsequent salaries of $10 million, $12 million, $13 million.

The $24 million bonus would count $6 million annually against the cap over each of the four years. So his cap this year would be $7 million — that $6 million from the bonus plus the $1 million salary.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...s/201802160146

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Oh..he gets tagged. But is a long term deal done before the draft?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Ed Bouchette (on 2/16) – said Steelers “truly seem intent on keeping le’Veon Bell and, indeed, signing him to a long-term deal.”

Say they were willing to give Bell an average of $15 million over four years or $60 million total. It could break down like this: $24 million to sign, $1 million salary this year and subsequent salaries of $10 million, $12 million, $13 million.

The $24 million bonus would count $6 million annually against the cap over each of the four years. So his cap this year would be $7 million — that $6 million from the bonus plus the $1 million salary.

I don't know how the hell they finesse these cap numbers but that versions sounds pretty good to me.
    ILB
    DL
    S
    RB
    WR
    LB

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I don't know how the hell they finesse these cap numbers but that versions sounds pretty good to me.
    Both doable and manageable within the cap structure despite the "gloom and doom' on the board

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Both doable and manageable within the cap structure despite the "gloom and doom' on the board
    when I see these cap numbers I'm wondering if folks just don't understand (myself included) how it's possible to make this work.

I'm sure some will say 7 mill could still be used to find the next Mean Joe Greene the draft or FA but man, seems like folks aren't nearly as good at this GM stuff as Colbert and company.
    ILB
    DL
    S
    RB
    WR
    LB

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post

This is post of the year!

I never ever thought on how easy to resign Bell and still have money for FA this year!

Legend

User Info Menu

If the Steelers do give him that kind of contract, we had better hope Bell stays healthy...because that is a huge dead cap charge...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george View Post
    This is post of the year!

I never ever thought on how easy to resign Bell and still have money for FA this year!
    That is why the Steelers have done everything they have had to in order to retain Omar Khan. The guy is a salary cap "savant"