Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steelers Get 6th Round Pick for Cockrell

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers Get 6th Round Pick for Cockrell

According to Labriola. Link below. Not a bad return for a guy who may have been cut and clearly wasn't in their plans.

Essentially, you can look at this as swapping Cockrell for Wilcox and also moving up 25ish spots in the 6th round, while also picking up a 2019 7th.

http://www.steelers.com/news/asked-and-answered/article-4/Asked-and-Answered-Feb-15/c0e3c69b-025a-4d2a-aae9-cf6d6d00180a

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Great. We need all the picks we can get.

Starter

User Info Menu

Great. An extra pick to spend on a long snapper.

Legend

User Info Menu

Nah. Kanaday seems to be working out...we can pick up that one missing piece that will make our defense dominant....in the 6th round...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+# up and wear it.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Nah. Kanaday seems to be working out...we can pick up that one missing piece that will make our defense dominant....in the 6th round...
    Yep...we need the AB of ILBs / DBs this year in the 6th.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Great. An extra pick to spend on a long snapper.

nope, we already drafted out long snapper for the next 10 years last year
    over paid janitor......
    and proving it every year.........

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Win win situation. Steelers get a draft pick for one of the worst CB’s that I’ve ever seen.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    Win win situation. Steelers get a draft pick for one of the worst CB’s that I’ve ever seen.
    I thought he was terrible as well and probably is

but it's interesting he goes to NY and has his best season. 3 picks is more than any of our CBs managed. I know their defense was trash but i wonder if it speaks to the level of coaching these guys were getting from lake

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Yep...we need the AB of ILBs / DBs this year in the 6th.
    I know we've picked some late-rounders that stuck at ILB in recent years, but how long has it been since a DB taken in round 6 or 7 has made the team? Willie Gay?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Thought we would get a 7th if anything so getting a early 6 would be welcome. Be nice to knock this draft out of the park. Timmons may get us a comp pick. Guess that it could be a 5th.