Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Steelers to replace the bumblebee jerseys with new throwback uniforms this year

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers to replace the bumblebee jerseys with new throwback uniforms this year

Steelers getting new throwback uniforms this year

Posted by Darin Gantt on February 15, 2018, 6:09 AM EST

The bumblebees are gone, and they’re not coming back.

During a conference call with fans Wednesday, Steelers owner Art Rooney II said the team was ditching one of the worst ideas in alternate jerseys the league has seen (at least this side of Jacksonville).

“We are going to be wearing a new throwback jersey,” Rooney said, via Adam Bittner of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

Rooney didn’t specify what they were going to throw back to (they’re the Steelers, their regular uniforms are throwbacks anyway).

The Steelers last donned the striped jerseys (which the team wore a version of in the 1930s) in 2016. And while they’ve used some different designs in the past, there aren’t that many options which could lead them back to the “Batman” look from 1966 and 1967.

The Steelers changed to their current, classic look in the late 1960s.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/15/steelers-getting-new-throwback-uniforms-this-year/

Legend

User Info Menu

Jeremy Fowler
    ESPN Staff Writer

The Steelers have a new throwback jersey that will likely replace the bumblebee look they've used in previous years. The team will unveil the jersey, which will be worn during the 2018 season, on May 30 at 2:30 p.m. on its various social media platforms.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think these are the coolest ones they could go with but in "66, '67, and '68 the never had a winning record wearing them (if you put stock in that sort of thing).

Legend

User Info Menu

Yeah, I predict the ol' Batman unis this time.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Considering this jersey is now on sale at Steelers.com, I would have to agree:

I would also imagine there is no need to envision the white "away" uniform design either.

Legend

User Info Menu

I may be way off, but my general impression is that we had a pretty good record in the BumbleBees.

I hope we have an even better one in the Batmans!

(Maybe this is the year we can bring the Steelerettes back, they can all dress up as Catwomen).

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

I think our color rush all black look with the blocked-numbers is the best unis we have and wish it is permanent home jersey. Clean, crisp and intimidating.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I was actually a fan of the bumblebees - the most unique looking throwback, ever!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by williar View Post
    I was actually a fan of the bumblebees - the most unique looking throwback, ever!
    Agreed. I actually liked the second and third look I had to give when they were wearing them.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Furious View Post
    I think our color rush all black look with the blocked-numbers is the best unis we have and wish it is permanent home jersey. Clean, crisp and intimidating.
    100% agree. Best looking unit they have ever had