Thread: Great Read on Rod Woodson Interview

Legend

User Info Menu

Great Read on Rod Woodson Interview

Gives some insights on mentoring, holding out, playing for a rival. Dispels some misconceptions by fans. Also, he is dying to be a coach for the Steelers... Rooney & Tomlin, listen up! I think he could make a good assistant.

So, letís talk about moving on to Baltimore. After all the fan anger of Harrison gong to New England, can you talk about playing for rivals and if players look at it the same way fans do?It was great to get a ring with the Ravens. I wanted to be the best and unfortunately I didnít get one with the Steelers. We came close and lost the Super Bowl. These things haunt me a bit. Once you don the Black & Gold you are a Steeler for life. I wore black & gold in high school and college then with the Steelers. It was unfortunate I couldnít be a Steeler my whole career.
    To me, being upset at playing for rivals is a fan thing.
    http://pghsportsdaily.com/exclusive-...son-1987-1996/

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Always will love Woodson. I will always consider him a Steeler.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I thought when Lake stepped down Rod would be high on our list. Guess I was wrong about that. Be great to bring him aboard in any capacity.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Would have been interesting if they did.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Always will love Woodson. I will always consider him a Steeler.
    People will feel the same about JH in due time.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Yeah...after all, that Super Bowl pick/six is the greatest defensive play (when you consider the game, the timing of the pick and the improbability
    of him actually taking it all the way back) in Super Bowl history. Bar none!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqnQwKAI4OE

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    People will feel the same about JH in due time.
    Woodson left under different circumstances...as did Franco....

Some people will never forgive JH...

One day, I might feel differently, about him, but I’ll never be okay with what he did to force his release...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+Ä# up and wear it.