Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Free Agent List

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

2018 Free Agent List

This is the year to need a CB
    Some interesting names on page 2 (#51 - 100) including Chris Hubbard who I think is going to get serious starter money from a team in need. I was hoping he'd sneak under the radar like Vince Williams did and sign a modest 3 yr contract.

The Steelers went hunting for an ILB last offseason and I think that's the one position they need to address in FA - Zak Brown gets my attention.

http://nfltraderumors.co/top-2018-nfl-free-agents-list/ <---Right Click and choose "Go To http://nfltraderumors.co/top-2018-nfl-free-agents-list/"
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Starter

User Info Menu

I agree Sid, I think ILB is #1 priority heading into the offseason. Close 2nd is safety.

The thing is, do they invest $$$ for above average starter in FA, or just sign a stop gap starter/depth (Zach. I wanted him last year! ), and look via draft for stars.

Same goes for safety position, above average Reid/Boston so we can JUST focus on just ILB/OLB or stop gap and go hunting in the draft.

intestresting names: Pryor I didn't know he was a FA, home town discount?

Austin S-Jenkins, would he be cheaper better than Mcdonald.
    Last edited by steeler_george; 02-04-2018 at 10:10 AM.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_george View Post
    I agree Sid, I think ILB is #1 priority heading into the offseason. Close 2nd is safety.

The thing is, do they invest $$$ for above average starter in FA, or just sign a stop gap starter/depth (Zach. I wanted him last year! ), and look via draft for stars.

Same goes for safety position, above average Reid/Boston so we can JUST focus on just ILB/OLB or stop gap and go hunting in the draft.

intestresting names: Pryor I didn't know he was a FA, home town discount?

Austin S-Jenkins, would he be cheaper better than Mcdonald.
    Interestingly, I would rather pick up a stud ILB on the FA list (ala Potsy) and use the draft to get a gem at safety. Derwin James from FSU is a stud and a high character guy that would be my pick.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Furious View Post
    Interestingly, I would rather pick up a stud ILB on the FA list (ala Potsy) and use the draft to get a gem at safety. Derwin James from FSU is a stud and a high character guy that would be my pick.
    WIth a guy like BROWN available at a good age i'd rather see them pursue him and draft a young rangy FS or vice versa. However this is a weak draft for ILB so FA might be the better alternative for that position.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Don't think we can afford Zach Brown. Im sure hes going to get paid big $$$$...
    FA ILB pickings are pretty thin.
    We also may have our future deep safety on the team in Cam Sutton.
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Don't think we can afford Zach Brown. Im sure hes going to get paid big $$$$...
    FA ILB pickings are pretty thin.
    We also may have our future deep safety on the team in Cam Sutton.
    Zak Brown had a career season in Buffalo and still was overlooked in FA last year. He might get starter money this time but it's not going to be earth shattering.
    As for Cam Sutton being a future FS ...that's pure speculation. Especially with the Uncertainty of Artie Burns future at CB (if the rumors are true they were contemplating benching him last year).

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If we have to pay Bell 15 million to play on the tag this year its reall going to limit us in free agency.
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    If we have to pay Bell 15 million to play on the tag this year its reall going to limit us in free agency.

They will have the money, by restructuring.

The FA $ will be made by cuts of Mitchell, Wilcox, Gay, H/bay.

Starter

User Info Menu

I was thinking the same of finding our star ILB in FA, but not sure anyone is there without over paying them. But the truth is we need 2 ILB, one to fill in for Shazier, one to upgrade or even push Bince, and one for depth. We were unprepared last year, when Timmons left us in FA.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Looking at the draft and where we pick in the first round, we could land a good free safety where we are at so maybe going after a free agent ILB would be the way to go.