Page 8 of 38 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Bell and the franchise tag

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Docosc View Post
    Just saw a mock on Steelers Wire that projects 1QB 2RB 3WR for us. I think I would stroke out if this came to pass! I am all in for an all D draft unless someone truly exceptional falls to us, although Juju reminds me that the front office actually kinda does know it's job. And I think we can count on the Brownies screwing the pooch and driving somebody down the board for us!
    I believe the browns take Rosen at 1 then sequan Barkley at 4. I think they will draft a lot better with dorsey

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    umm, Slap, that could happen to Ben, AB, Heyward, Tuitt.. hell, look what happened to Shazier.
    This is very true...

But, those guys weren’t in their contract year, looking for a landmark deal...

If Bell declines a long-term deal and bets on himself again, that’s fine. He made it through this season healthy...will he do so again? It would not be great for him if he gambled on himself and lost by tearing an ACL in the playoffs and being unavailable for the first part of the season due to rehab...that would impact any deal he wanted to make...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Docosc View Post
    Just saw a mock on Steelers Wire that projects 1QB 2RB 3WR for us. I think I would stroke out if this came to pass! I am all in for an all D draft unless someone truly exceptional falls to us, although Juju reminds me that the front office actually kinda does know it's job. And I think we can count on the Brownies screwing the pooch and driving somebody down the board for us!
    The one on there now has a 2nd round edge rusher and a 3rd round RB/WR/H back...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelwolf View Post
    I believe the browns take Rosen at 1 then sequan Barkley at 4. I think they will draft a lot better with dorsey
    Indy would probably take Barkley at #3, so if they want Saquon, they'd have to take him first and then take Allen or Darnold at #4 if the Giants take Rosen.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Indy would probably take Barkley at #3, so if they want Saquon, they'd have to take him first and then take Allen or Darnold at #4 if the Giants take Rosen.
    I have no doubt they will zero in on Barkley at # 3. If you wanted to help Luck, that would be the way to take pressure off of him big time. Barkley is locked into a top 4 pick.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I am in to get a draft pick or picks for bell or tag him again. Running back position is to volatile with injuries and Bell has had a few. And IS a huge EGO. I believe there are too many huge EGO's on this team for any coach to deal with. Pay Bell a huge deal and that ego will get worse.
    AB and Ben are tough enough to deal with IMO. Not counting Bryant who is more of a dope no pun intended. But he also has a ego that drives some of his issues. That's not even counting others who have a inflated ego for no reason but maybe the point of being a #1 pick. Like Burns. The egos are what is keeping them from being a true team and winning in the playoffs IMO. Talent also is suspect for some no question for me. I like Haden but is he a play maker difference maker? I did not see it. Burns not yet. Davis not yet.
    I don't care what Rd pick they are. Shazier was a difference maker at times. So is Hayward at times. Not totally devoid of talent, but we're are the big play guys making big plays when it really matters? I could continue but rant over.

Legend

User Info Menu

Le’Veon Bell: $60 million isn’t enough to run with the Jets

Posted by Josh Alper on February 1, 2018, 3:32 PM EST

Steelers running back Le'Veon Bell played out the 2017 season on a franchise tag, which means that he can become a free agent in March is the Steelers don’t sign him or use the tag a second time.

If Bell does become a free agent, there will likely be more than a few suitors for his services. If the Jets are among them, they should probably be prepared to dig as deep into their pocketbook as possible when it comes time to make an offer.

A Jets fan directed a tweet at Bell joking that he had been authorized to offer Bell $60 million to come play for the team. Bell sent back a reply.

�� that ain’t enough to come run with the Jets… https://t.co/R0Ockg5Leh

— Le'Veon Bell (@L_Bell26) February 1, 2018

The Jets have said that they plan to be very active in free agency this offseason and will have tens of millions in cap space to fund those efforts. It seemed more likely that they would break the bank for quarterback Kirk Cousins than a running back like Bell even before Bell shared his thoughts on what kind of green it might take to get him in Jets green.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/01/leveon-bell-60-million-isnt-enough-to-run-with-the-jets/
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Banned

User Info Menu

Oh boy

Legend

User Info Menu

It's the Jets, it would take more than 60 mill to get me to play there as well.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    It's the Jets, it would take more than 60 mill to get me to play there as well.
    Yeah, based on the way they chewed thru Santonio Holmes. Lol