Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: remember when Ben said he wanted a rematch vs the Jags

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    It's a good question. Measured over a several year period, the success rate of ALL onside kicks is around 13%. I found one site where it stated that from 2001 to 2010, when they weren't expected, onside kicks were successful 60% of the time. But they are seldom attempted, it seems, when they are not expected. So I would guess that success rate when you know it's coming is somewhere between 10-12 percent.
    Appreciate that check. Rock n hard place choice. Lets hope Bos works on his tech.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    or are we not counting that as a lack of discipline?
    Ben comments were as a competitor. He was not disrespecting the Jags by saying that they are the easier team to play against, he was saying that he would like another chance to play against a team that beat him so badly, and show that he can do better. You have to be a politician to twist that into a show of disrespect.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Ben comments were as a competitor. He was not disrespecting the Jags by saying that they are the easier team to play against, he was saying that he would like another chance to play against a team that beat him so badly, and show that he can do better. You have to be a politician to twist that into a show of disrespect.
    I know. The Jags still we’re seen online talking about Ben getting his wish and being careful what he asked for.

I think its it’s easy to twist any words from an opponent into chalk board material.

I also believe none of it matter and it comes down to execution on the field and maybe a lucky bounce or 2.

After the first Jags game I told a few folks that was the one team besides the Pats I didn’t want to face in the playoffs because those 2 teams always give us trouble.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I know. The Jags still we’re seen online talking about Ben getting his wish and being careful what he asked for.

I think its it’s easy to twist any words from an opponent into chalk board material.

I also believe none of it matter and it comes down to execution on the field and maybe a lucky bounce or 2.
    I agree with this. This stuff about "bulletin board material" is overblown.