Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: James Harrison ...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

James Harrison ...

So washed up the Steelers couldn't find any way to get him on the field. Too old, too slow... Let's let him walk to the Patriots; his skills are so diminished, he ain't gonna be able to help them at all.

I'm so angry about this right now. If he'd been integrated into our D, IMO Deebo would've provided the difference to put the Steelers over the top last weekend. I mean, stop the Jags on one scoring drive, and we'd have been playing in the AFCC!

Someone on the Steelers should get fired for how they handled JH. But nobody will.

Worst of all, once again, we see Belichek and the Patriots handily besting Tomlin and Co. when it comes to smarts.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I was glad to see him have a solid showing after leaving... Hate the fact that it was for the PATS... but he (yet again) proved the "Nay sayers" wrong, as he has done throughout his entire career.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Fire Colbert now???

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    Fire Colbert now???
    I guess that's what some fans want to see..... apparently the season was such a disappointment the entire organization needs to be gone.... clean sweep.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Harrison would not have done us any good, we couldn't stop the run!!!!! It's hard to sack Bortles on a handoff!!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I guess that's what some fans want to see..... apparently the season was such a disappointment the entire organization needs to be gone.... clean sweep.
    I don't think Colbert was the one deciding to keep him off the field, and you know Tomlin is untouchable, but how about showing Keith Butler or Joey Porter the door?

(I suspect Porter had some significant influence in the decision to keep 92 from playing much for the Steelers this season.)

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Harrison would not have done us any good, we couldn't stop the run!!!!! It's hard to sack Bortles on a handoff!!!!
    Are you kidding me? We have no OLBs who can play the run as good as Harrison. If he'd made a difference on a play or two at crucial moments, that may have been enough to turn that game in our favor.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Fire Colbert now???
    I know this comment is not directed at me... but I will say im pretty happy with Colbert.

The folks involved with making JH ride the pine all year are looking pretty foolish right now though.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Porter and Tomlin were right (earlier in the year) though about JH... by saying that J.H was a guy who was going to be unleashed late in the year and be a difference maker. It just wasn't with us lol

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post

The folks involved with making JH ride the pine all year are looking pretty foolish right now though.
    When you can't properly evaluate, develop and utilize defensive talent, don't be surprised when your defense falls short.