Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brady Doing his Best OJ

Banned

User Info Menu

It must feel amazing to know that anytime your team is on the verge of losing, the refs are going to help you.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    I’d take a good defense over a good offense every day, every game.
    No question the Jags have a great defense,but the difference in this game is the Jags controlling the ball and sustaining long drives. They are running the ball well and killing the Pat's with play action. I love how they have Bottles under center especially I'm the red zone.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d View Post
    The flag on that Jags defender is exactly why NFL ratings are down. He lined up the hit with his shoulder. Defenders simply can not defy the laws of gravity and physics even though that's what the league expects of them.
    Agreed. This is what Mitchell was complaining about a few weeks ago. I don’t care for Mitchell but he had a point.

Legend

User Info Menu

The flag on that Jags defender is exactly why NFL ratings are down. He lined up the hit with his shoulder. Defenders simply can not defy the laws of gravity and physics even though that's what the league expects of them.
    It doesn't matter if he led with his shoulder, you cant hit a receiver in the head or neck area, it was a clear penalty.

Legend

User Info Menu

Pats just got a referee generated TD. 4 penalties, 2 negating long pass plays for the Jags.
    Anyone who thinks these games aren't aided by officiating is cray cray...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    It doesn't matter if he led with his shoulder, you cant hit a receiver in the head or neck area, it was a clear penalty.
    He's lined up to hit Gronk in the chest with his shoulder. In slow motion it looks like he has all the time in the world to adjust as Gronk is going down. In real life speed it doesn't work like that.

I've been saying this since the Steelers were the only team not to agree to the CBA and in retaliation the league went off on our D...especially James Harrison.

The laws of gravity and physics cannot be defied on the football field. It's asinine to penalize someone for not being able to do so.

And to be clear, I'm not saying it wasn't a penalty based on the rules. I'm saying the rule results in these horrible calls.

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    His shoulder hit Gronks with the head carrying over in the momentum of the hit. It was a bad call in my book. You can’t penalize physics.

Legend

User Info Menu

He's lined up to hit Gronk in the chest with his shoulder. In slow motion it looks like he has all the time in the world to adjust as Gronk is going down. In real life speed it doesn't work like that.

I've been saying this since the Steelers were the only team not to agree to the CBA and in retaliation the league went off on our D...especially James Harrison.

The laws of gravity and physics cannot be defied on the football field. It's asinine to penalize someone for not being able to do so.

And to be clear, I'm not saying it wasn't a penalty based on the rules. I'm saying the rule results in these horrible calls.
    I agree with you on the argument that it's impossible for the defenders in general to change course. But I think on that particular play Church had enough time to avoid going to the head and by the letter of the law that was a penalty.

Legend

User Info Menu

Actually 5, 1 was declined

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    His shoulder hit Gronks with the head carrying over in the momentum of the hit. It was a bad call in my book. You can’t penalize physics.
    That's been my point since, like 2008 or 2009. When was the CBA signed again? And when did Harrison single-handedly destroy the Browns?