Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fichtner it is..Whata y'all think

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Fichtner it is..Whata y'all think

Thoughts on new OC

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I think it'll be alright. Being the former quarterback coach and having a bond with Roethlisberger...I can see them having more trust in Ben's decisions.
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Legend

User Info Menu

Sounds good to me....

Rookie

User Info Menu

Now, just hire Jim Caldwell as the new QB coach...

When he was the QB coach for Peyton Manning, Manning was league MVP THREE TIMES...

When he was the QB coach for Baltimore, Joe Flacco played well enough to be paid like a franchise QB...oh, and won a SB...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post

When he was the QB coach for Peyton Manning, Manning was league MVP THREE TIMES...

When he was the QB coach for Baltimore, Joe Flacco played well enough to be paid like a franchise QB...oh, and won a SB...
    HIRE HIM NOW...If he can make Flacco look good

Legend

User Info Menu

I just can't find a thing to make any judgement. Anyone have one scrap?
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm on record saying its a mistake... but I'll keep an open mind. I doubt he is some sort of guru in any way, when it comes to offensive coordinating. If he was adept at (e.g. playcalling, schemes, innovations) he would've made his mark long ago (in college or pro). However, all it seems that he is, is a football lifer who gets along with people. In a way, like a Dick Hoak.

He's a nice guy and I'm sure players don't have a problem with him, but it isn't like he's going to bring anything to the table.
    I wasn't hired for my disposition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post

caldwell and tomlin have ties. that's not very farfetched....
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post
    caldwell and tomlin have ties. that's not very farfetched....
    Yep. Tony Dungy brought them into the NFL together in Tampa...

The Depot did a write up a few years ago about Fichtner’s record, stats, and play calling balance a few years ago and they recently linked to it...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    I'm on record saying its a mistake... but I'll keep an open mind. I doubt he is some sort of guru in any way, when it comes to offensive coordinating. If he was adept at (e.g. playcalling, schemes, innovations) he would've made his mark long ago (in college or pro). However, all it seems that he is, is a football lifer who gets along with people. In a way, like a Dick Hoak.

He's a nice guy and I'm sure players don't have a problem with him, but it isn't like he's going to bring anything to the table.
    We don't need a guru, just someone to score TDS with a super talented group who's window is closing