Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Todd Haley out as Steelers offensive coordinator

Rookie

User Info Menu

He does hire his coordinators.
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel View Post
    I can see no way the team looks for an outside candidate. It would be pure insanity to bring in a talented offensive coordinator and ask him to learn our offense and tell him to make no substantial changes. Otherwise, you are dicking around with the best offense in the league. I do wonder about the play-calling ability of either Munchak or Fitchner, but my feeling is the best play-caller we have wears number 7 on game days. If Ben has a strong opinion on either choice, I hope Tomlin has the sense to listen to him.
    Solid logic

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Rookie

User Info Menu

There’s a write up on the Depot providing an overview of Fichtner’s six seasons as a play caller with Memphis.

Kirby Wilson was also mentioned as a candidate, but it wouldn’t shock me if Wilson was being considered as a replacement for Richard Mann. Wilson spent a year coaching WRs at USC years ago, but if his goal is to be a coordinator, experience working with a different position group can only benefit him.
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I'm not super broken up about Haley leaving, but I would not be surprised if the offence is worse.

Hopefully, the new OC will be able to get Ben to play better on the road. That would be a huge benefit for the team moving forward.
    uh... he was 7-1 on the road this season. Well above his average.

Legend

User Info Menu

Good riddance.

Legend

User Info Menu

Fowler had a good writeup on espn, balanced between the Haley pros and Haley cons. It seems maintaining a working relationship between OC and QB was becoming more and more a chore. Not a good recipe to work to build the best offense possible.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I'm not super broken up about Haley leaving, but I would not be surprised if the offence is worse.

Hopefully, the new OC will be able to get Ben to play better on the road. That would be a huge benefit for the team moving forward.
    Hopefully, he'll get him to play better at home, the only away loss was at the Bears, the other 3 losses were at home, including the divisional round playoff loss to the Jags.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount