Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Partners to lobby for firing Tomlin

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Partners to lobby for firing Tomlin

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2754403-mike-tomlin-rumors-steelers-ownership-partners-to-lobby-for-team-to-fire-hc

Following the Pittsburgh Steelers ' 45-42 playoff loss against the Jacksonville Jaguars on Sunday, a portion of the team's ownership partners will push for head coach Mike Tomlin to be fired.

Per Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk, a group of the Steelers' fan-owned limited equity partners plan to lobby owner Art Rooney into firing Tomlin.
    Florio noted the Steelers' limited partners have a "pipeline" to Rooney, but the group has no actual authority over the team's management.

Tomlin was heavily criticized for decisions during the Steelers' loss against the Jaguars. One decision he tried to explain was the choice to go for an onside kick with 2:18 remaining and two timeouts left after Pittsburgh scored to get within seven points at 42-35.

"We wanted to get the ball back," he said, via NFL.com's Nick Shook . "We hadn't stopped them convincingly enough, in my opinion. It was my decision."

The Jaguars wound up gaining nine yards on the drive and settled for a field goal at the end of the drive that turned out to be the difference in the game.
    Since being hired as Pittsburgh's head coach in 2007, Tomlin has a 116-60 record with eight playoff appearances, one Super Bowl win in 2008 and an AFC championship in 2010.

Didn't see this posted anywhere.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Legend

User Info Menu

Although I think this is little more than "Window dressing'... I think this sends the right message to Tomlin.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Yeah, I saw that, too. While it is a message, the emphasis is on the “limited” part of “limited partners”...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

I like the message though. He needs to be put on notice.

Legend

User Info Menu

Never had a losing season...but sure...fire him....

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Good idea, Jeff Fischer, Rex Ryan, Ben McAdoo, Chip Kelly, Jack DelRio and John Fox are available, Which one does everyone prefer? 13-3 and fired. No Superbowl, got to go.

Starter

User Info Menu

They are going to be shown what limited means.

Legend

User Info Menu

So im waiting for you guys to defend the "Toss sweep" on the 4th and 1..... or the fact that they didn't even "Get off the bus" until the start of the 3rd quarter....and all of this after a 2 week layoff... on their home field.

We can do better, folks. If firing the coordinators and keeping Tomlin fixes the problems we have, im fine with that. The "Status Quo" isn't going to elevate this team to the SB.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Who the £¥€< would defend the toss sweep on 4th and 1...I called for a QB sneak on the game day chat...

Not all of us are as homerish as some pretend...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Emotions over logic. Must be a lot of women involved in this partnership.