Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arians

Rookie

User Info Menu

Arians

I'm wondering if he might consider the OC job now that he is retired. As I recall he and Ben were golf buddies and had a good rapport. You know, do it for a few years and go out together. Certainly better than the situation we have now!

Legend

User Info Menu

Yea, I'd be good with that, I'd keep Ben as happy as possible while he's still playing at a high level.

Pappy

The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

1.28 Jackson, Lamar QB, Louisville

Legend

User Info Menu

Absolutely NOT!!!! He almost got Ben killed taking 50+ sacks a season when ben was younger and could recover.

Greatest accomplishment of Haley was removing Ben as a target.

Arians needs to golf and stay away from the team

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Regardless if you believe Arians put Ben in harm's way or not, I don't see Rooney bringing him back nor do I see Arians wanting to come back. Rooney "retired" Arians. Arians was incensed by the action. And he was also very upset with Tomlin because Tomlin apparently didn't support or fight for Arians.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Absolutely NOT!!!! He almost got Ben killed taking 50+ sacks a season when ben was younger and could recover.

I think our OLine is much better now than when Arians was here (even though they left something to be desired on the field last Sunday).

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post

Ovi, think about the last half of this season, was Ben's play any different than it was under Arians? Not really, he was taking chances, holding the ball, looking for the big play, rarely, if ever, did he take a 3 step drop or a shotgun snap and deliver a 3 or 4 yard pass and take what defense were giving him. Ben isn't changing, he might as well be happy with his hunting and fishing buddy, a happy Ben is a good Ben. It's not happening, but it wouldn't be the worst thing to happen to this team. Ben and the offense isn't the problem anyhow.

Pappy

The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

1.28 Jackson, Lamar QB, Louisville

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Ovi, think about the last half of this season, was Ben's play any different than it was under Arians? Not really, he was taking chances, holding the ball, looking for the big play, rarely, if ever, did he take a 3 step drop or a shotgun snap and deliver a 3 or 4 yard pass and take what defense were giving him. Ben isn't changing, he might as well be happy with his hunting and fishing buddy, a happy Ben is a good Ben. It's not happening, but it wouldn't be the worst thing to happen to this team. Ben and the offense isn't the problem anyhow.

Pappy
    Agreed. The offense isn't the problem. Just need to find an OC willing or knowledgeable enough to make the right calls on 4th and inches.

Legend

User Info Menu

7 step drops and bombs away. Also the RUTFM would look much better with Bell at RB
    ILB
    DL
    S
    RB
    WR
    LB

Starter

User Info Menu

This board has gone crazy!!! WTF - Oh, so just call them the Ben Roethlisberger's now! Okay... I hear he still lying about he's not allowed to run a QB Sneak? Yeah-Okay! That jackoff ain't winning another thing. Mark my words.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by williar View Post
    This board has gone crazy!!! WTF - Oh, so just call them the Ben Roethlisberger's now! Okay... I hear he still lying about he's not allowed to run a QB Sneak? Yeah-Okay! That jackoff ain't winning another thing. Mark my words.
    jackoff?

wtf is that? its jagoff lol
    ILB
    DL
    S
    RB
    WR
    LB