Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dupree

Rookie

User Info Menu

Dupree

Sadly, our great OLB of the future has become no more than a "pile checker" In addition if he is now supposed to be in coverage, I have yet to see him make a play on the ball!

Backup

User Info Menu

time for an upgrade

Legend

User Info Menu

Time to say 4-3 defense

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Time to say 4-3 defense
    Who would be the linebackers from the current group? Doesn't a MLB in a 4-3 have to be able to shed blocks and run sideline to sideline (Ray Lewis)? Watt maybe, has he ever done it before? I think of Jack Ham and Andy Russell on the outside and I don't see anyone even close to being those guys in a 4-3. Dupree would be a DE and not a linebacker, but not sure he'd hold up there any better. The Steelers are so depleted at linebacker (NFL capable) right now, that it's amazing they were able to win as many games as they did. IMO, if the Steelers are going to strike while Ben is still playing at his current level, they may have to forego Bell and sign 1, possibly 2 FA linebackers and I'm not sure who is out there and if they are an upgrade. We can draft LBs until the cows come home but they won't be ready for a couple year providing we draft LBs that are NFL caliber to begin with. It isn't a pretty situation on the defensive side of the ball. One thing that would help tremendously is if our 2, 10 million per year defensive linemen would step and make some plays consistently.

This is difficult to say but CB might be the most stable position on the defense right now.

Pappy

The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I have not looked that close at a lot of college players yet but I will. I do believe a ILB like Rashaan Evans could walk in and start. Probably a 2nd rounder but could go earlier he has done it at the highest level to this point. So the idea that some rookies could help in 18 is not out of the question. If a safely like Harrison fell 2 us I would double up on Tide players. Rare territory for us going there but we could reload that quickly. Mitchell with his salary may be gone and 50 we r all praying for but we should prepare for life without him and if recovers awesome.
    Also what do we have in Watson,Hargrave n Big Dan? IDK.... all serviceable all have areas that need improvement. We could use another player here f/a or through the draft that can anchor n push the pocket.
    That means help at each level of D is needed n if we get it we should be right there again.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Some blame needs to fall on Porter.
    It seems like Bud has hit a road bump in his development
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

bust dupree

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Some blame needs to fall on Porter.
    It seems like Bud has hit a road bump in his development
    Hopefully, it's only the sophomore jinx and next year he'll be a beast or at least start becoming a beast.

Pappy

The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Hopefully, it's only the sophomore jinx and next year he'll be a beast or at least start becoming a beast.

Pappy
    Except hes a junior lol

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    bust dupree
    Ditto. Bum Dupree would be accurate as well.