Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Tomlin Presser...

Legend

User Info Menu

Mike Tomlin Presser...

...scheduled for 12:00 today...

I imagine we'll learn the fallout from Sunday's debacle...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Starter

User Info Menu

First DeCastro and now Foster have spoken up about the problem this team has with looking ahead to certain other teams weeks before they play them, and failing to focus on the next game in front of them. But as we saw this season, it's a problem that goes all the way to the head coach (re Dungy interview). I hope someone throws that in Tomlin's face today.
    Last edited by Buzz; 01-16-2018 at 12:45 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

That isn’t exactly what Heyward and DeCastro said. They each made a broader statement regarding all of the drama and “me first” attitude of some players...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    That isn’t exactly what Heyward and DeCastro said. They each made a broader statement regarding all of the drama and “me first” attitude of some players...
    Which also falls back on Coaching.

Starter

User Info Menu

DeCastro (on teammates disrespecting Jags): “it’s embarrassing. It really is It just blows my mind. They beat us 30-9 [Oct. 9], we played like crap and we want to talk about New England!”

DeCastro (on teammates talking Patriots before they played Jags):
    “It’s just stupid. It’s just not what you do. You don’t need to give a team like that more bulletin board material.”

Foster: "...the social media stuff and talking about games weeks away, etc. needs and will be addressed"

Bury your head all you want, it's a problem.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Go ahead, please fire Tomlin, Please!!! Right now, today! Let's see if Munchak, Mularkey, or whoever y'all think is the next "great head coach" out there. Let's see if he can get them to 13-3 despite your QB throwing horrific interceptions and play that cost you 3 games, otherwise you may have been 14-2 or 15-1, and actually had the number one seed, and wouldn't have had to play Jacksonville. If Tomlin was smart he would resign right now... I'm sure he would have another job way before the Steelers ever have another winning record.

Legend

User Info Menu

Still no decisions on the coaching staff. Yet.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by williar View Post
    Go ahead, please fire Tomlin, Please!!! Right now, today! Let's see if Munchak, Mularkey, or whoever y'all think is the next "great head coach" out there. Let's see if he can get them to 13-3 despite your QB throwing horrific interceptions and play that cost you 3 games, otherwise you may have been 14-2 or 15-1, and actually had the number one seed, and wouldn't have had to play Jacksonville. If Tomlin was smart he would resign right now... I'm sure he would have another job way before the Steelers ever have another winning record.
    If you read my other posts, you'd know I'm not calling for the firing of Tomlin. First of all, it will never happen. Secondly, as you've identified, there is no sure-fire whiz to replace him with.

I do think, though, that he needs to be held accountable for some of the areas in which he has fallen short/needs to improve. He's too comfortable, and won't change in these areas unless and until the heat is turned up a bit. That's what I want to see happen.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    First DeCastro and now Foster have spoken up about the problem this team has with looking ahead to certain other teams weeks before they play them, and failing to focus on the next game in front of them. But as we saw this season, it's a problem that goes all the way to the head coach (re Dungy interview). I hope someone throws that in Tomlin's face today.
    I guess this means the Jags gonna lose since a player told fans they were going to win the SB during a pep rally after the game.
    ILB
    DL
    S
    RB
    WR
    LB

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    If you read my other posts, you'd know I'm not calling for the firing of Tomlin. First of all, it will never happen. Secondly, as you've identified, there is no sure-fire whiz to replace him with.

I do think, though, that he needs to be held accountable for some of the areas in which he has fallen short/needs to improve. He's too comfortable, and won't change in these areas unless and until the heat is turned up a bit. That's what I want to see happen.
    I actually agree with you. He does need to be held more accountable.