Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Fire Everyone

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    there you go again absolving the head coach of any responsibility
    Why do you refer to Tomlin as "head coach"?? A real head coach has the power to hire and fire his staff. Tomlin is a caretaker. He's not a real head coach. That's why players like Le'veon Bell say anything because they don't fear Tomlin because Tomlin doesn't have any real power.

That's why Mike Mitchell was doing all that talking because Tomlin has no real power. Do you think Le'veon would be talking about next year's contract in the playoffs if Belichick was his coach? I rest my case.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    The Jags didnít put up 30 points on the defense when Shazier was playing. The Jags scored 14 points off of interception returns. At most, the Jags scored 16 with Shazier playing. Which, in my mind, is incredible...considering that the Jags intercepted 3 additional passes that day...
    Ok thank for clearing that up for me.

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

one person I would definitely fire is Joey porter

I believe he is basically a cheerleader and they need someone in that spot who can coach these high level picks to their potential

hasn't gotten squat out if Jarvis or Dupree and would be a shame to watch watt flounder

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Why do you refer to Tomlin as "head coach"?? A real head coach has the power to hire and fire his staff. Tomlin is a caretaker. He's not a real head coach. That's why players like Le'veon Bell say anything because they don't fear Tomlin because Tomlin doesn't have any real power.

That's why Mike Mitchell was doing all that talking because Tomlin has no real power. Do you think Le'veon would be talking about next year's contract in the playoffs if Belichick was his coach? I rest my case.
    This is actually somewhat true. Some HC's are also the GM but plenty of HC's aren't in charge of hiring and firing their staff.

Anyone the Steelers hire as HC won't get the power most of you crave.

and again, it's to the point I think some of you just need to become NE fans cause this obsession with using them in every comparison is getting old. lol

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    This is actually somewhat true. Some HC's are also the GM but plenty of HC's aren't in charge of hiring and firing their staff.

and again, it's to the point I think some of you just need to become NE fans cause this obsession with using them in every comparison is getting old. lol
    With the collection of talent over the past 10 years that the Steelers have accumulated, how do you think Belechick, Patricia and McDaniel would have done? That's always where I go, maybe they don't do any better, but the results out Foxboro tell me otherwise. I think that's why we keep looking to Foxboro as the comparison, deep down in our hearts we all believe that Bill Belichick would have won more Super Bowls and, in particular, this year.

Pappy

The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

1.20 - Devin Bush, ILB, Michigan
    3.66 - Diontae Johnson, WR, Toledo
    3.83 - Justin Layne, CB, MSU
    4.122 - Benny Snell, RB, Kentucky
    5.141 - Zach Gentry, TE, Michigan
    6.175 - Sutton Smith, OLB, Northern Illinois
    6.192 - Isaiah Buggs, DE, Alabama
    6.207 - Ulysees Gilbert III, OLB, Akron
    7.219 - Derwin Gray, OL, Maryland

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post

Pete Carroll had that power for a few years in SEA but it wasn't sustainable. There is just too much to handle these days of free agency and salary cap for one person. Now look at SEA since he relinquished some responsibilities... haven't sniffed a SB since.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Pete Carroll had that power for a few years in SEA but it wasn't sustainable. There is just too much to handle these days of free agency and salary cap for one person. Now look at SEA since he relinquished some responsibilities... haven't sniffed a SB since.
    It’s hard to do both. I guess it can work well since the players know you can ship them out of town in the first going smoking BUT when contracts get funny, players hold out, it can really divide a locker room.

Seems like a lot of coaches who shared that GM role always ended up being stripped of it more times than not.

I also think you you have to want that responsibility and I can see how a coach wouldn’t want to deal with contracts and FO stuff.