Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Titans let's go!

Rookie

User Info Menu

Don't you guys ever get tired of crying, err i mean trying to justify why the PATRIOTS are the best team in NFL History?

Wahhh the refs! Wahhh cheats! Wahhh

All this coming from the fans of a team who tries to trip opposing teams players. Lmao

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ThePatriotWay View Post
    Don't you guys ever get tired of crying, err i mean trying to justify why the PATRIOTS are the best team in NFL History?

Wahhh the refs! Wahhh cheats! Wahhh

All this coming from the fans of a team who tries to trip opposing teams players. Lmao
    Dude, go away. Don't you have a practice to record or something?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post
    questionable calls for sure, but you simply can't deny the fact the pats and brady are a machine. you also can't deny that brady knew exactly what defense he was facing every time he surveyed the line of scrimmage. DL has seen it all, but he hasn't been an innovator since 1992. Sure we all hoped the game would be competitive, but we all knew that brady eats up a DL zone blitz, zone coverage, allow the underneath stuff, man only as a last resort, keep everything in front and eventually get a stop scheme. The problem with that is he rarely gets a stop against brady. It's just too easy.

We have to take care of business tomorrow and on paper we should. but Butler better have a plan for gronk and be ready for all the short stuff over the middle. I'm pretty sure the pats are going to attack the void left by shazier.

Bottom line for me, we better put up 40 in Gillette. We have the horses to do it, and we're going to need to. For that matter, we should put up 40 tomorrow as well. But let's see how it goes!
    Id pretty much agree with all of this... and add that the Patriots Defense looks like they are on the upswing. Pats really started gashing TENN in the passing game with their RB's... spreading the field sideline to sideline.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Id pretty much agree with all of this... and add that the Patriots Defense looks like they are on the upswing. Pats really started gashing TENN in the passing game with their RB's... spreading the field sideline to sideline.
    I didn't know much about the Titans before the game, but the analysis I read said that one of their defensive weaknesses was covering RBs in the short-passing game. And as Nantz & Romo pointed out, they also don't rotate defensive line personnel very much. Once the Pats started playing the hurry-up offense featuring passes to the RBs and the slot WR (Amendola), that was the ball-game. The Titans had no answer for it.

On the defensive side, it helped a little to get Van Noy & Alan Branch back. And Eric Rowe had a nice game as the 5th DB.
    Last edited by tiproast; 01-14-2018 at 09:13 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tiproast View Post
    I didn't know much about the Titans before the game, but the analysis I read said that one of their defensive weaknesses was covering RBs in the short-passing game. And as Nantz & Romo pointed out, they also don't rotate defensive line personnel very much. Once the Pats started playing the hurry-up offense featuring passes to the RBs and the slot WR (Amendola), that was the ball-game. The Titans had no answer for it.

On the defensive side, it helped a little to get Van Noy & Alan Branch back. And Eric Rowe had a nice game as the 5th DB.
    I look for the Pats to do much of the same next week. Pats weapons are very much underrated.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    I look for the Pats to do much of the same next week. Pats weapons are very much underrated.
    Lewis is having a very good year. It's nice to have James White and Chris Hogan back, too.

Most people don't notice James Develin very much, but he gets his share of snaps from the FB position. He had a nice block last night on Bolden's TD.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Interesting...

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/201081-ron-torbert-the-head-ref-in-the-titans-vs-pats-game/

I commented in the Pats vs Titans game post how Ron Torbert the head referee in that game, is the Vice President of the legal team for Barton Malow which is the company that was the project manager in the building of Gillette Stadium. This means that Robert Kraft paid this company money which Ron Torbert has a Vice President title to to have Gillette Stadium built. Some people didn't believe me or thought there was no way it could be true. I have posted the two links below, one that shows he is Vice President if you scroll down a bit and the other is a wikipedia page for Gillette Stadium which shows Barton Malow as project manager. This is a clear conflict of interest if you ask me. I don't know how this guy could be allowed to ref a Pats game much less a Pats playoff game

http://www.bartonmalow.com/voices/2014-vice-president-promotions

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gillette_Stadium

Legend

User Info Menu

Wow...........

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/ContentGallery/Joe-Haden-Tony-Dungy-and-NFL-media-rip-refs-for-favoring-Pats-113679892/

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/ContentGallery/Joe-Haden-Tony-Dungy-and-NFL-media-rip-refs-for-favoring-Pats-113679892/
    https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh...ats-113679892/

Fixed that for you.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher