Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fake News is Damaging the NFL

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    huh? I think the Fox News dig is spot on. They did a study and the most uninformed news viewers were Fox News viewers because half their programming is opinion and not based on facts.
    I don't watch any network 'news' channels because of this - but I don't think CNN, or MSNBC are any shining beacons of honest journalism. I read the headlines in Yahoo for the entertainment value alone. Newspapers are essentially dinosaurs, talk radio is empty rhetoric - the truth is, there is no honest unbiased media source out there.

but for the record - i HAVE been to Haiti. it is indeed a $hithole.........
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    OLD PEOPLE come from a generation where professionalism = honest.
    NOW people will flat out lie to meet their agenda (Left or Right)

Another sore LIB upset that they lost the monopoly on Propaganda and have to share it w/ their political opponents.

Just so you know you only make sense when talking to people who already agree with you.
    To everyone else you're a clanging symbol and look like a morphadite
    Ah, another adherent to the "liberal media" myth...

Media is red or blue as it suits them, because, much like the NFL, the only color they are truly interested in is green. So, they will paint their competitors in whatever light is needed to jack up those ratings and sell those ads...the media has discovered that many people don't want honest, responsible journalism and will label it as "liberal media" or "fake news" if it does not fit their individual ideology. Increasing polarization = increased conflict = ratings.
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+# up and wear it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post
    I don't watch any network 'news' channels because of this - but I don't think CNN, or MSNBC are any shining beacons of honest journalism. I read the headlines in Yahoo for the entertainment value alone. Newspapers are essentially dinosaurs, talk radio is empty rhetoric - the truth is, there is no honest unbiased media source out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick
    Media is red or blue as it suits them, because, much like the NFL, the only color they are truly interested in is green. So, they will paint their competitors in whatever light is needed to jack up those ratings and sell those ads...the media has discovered that many people don't want honest, responsible journalism and will label it as "liberal media" or "fake news" if it does not fit their individual ideology. Increasing polarization = increased conflict = ratings.
    Sadly, I think you two are spot on.

Backup

User Info Menu

"They did a study..." Yeah, I'm sure "they" did.

Frankly, anyone who believes this country's political news media is anything but irresponsible gossip mongers, propagandists and paid shills is living in a fantasy world. The exceptions, to the extent they exist, prove the rule. And criticizing one news network for being mostly opinion driven is absurd. Next time you are flipping through channels during prime time, pick any cable news network and I guarantee you when you turn it on there will be a panel discussion where people are arguing politics or randomly opining on [insert issue of the day]. That is the reality, whether you are Right, Left or middle.

I could have sworn this was a football forum, not some sort of partisan political website.

Rookie

User Info Menu

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kenrapoza/2011/11/21/fox-news-viewers-uninformed-npr-listeners-not-poll-suggests/#4389b3344fd8
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+# up and wear it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AzStillers1989 View Post
    LMAO. Look at Pete Carroll in the photo of the flag burning. For some reason I can not stop laughing at the thought that this would be his reaction to that situation.
    lmao so good, that was the first thing i saw

Legend

User Info Menu

92% of Fox News viewers didn't laugh at Trump mumbling and mouthing the wrong words to the National Anthem during the Alabama / Georgia game. And that's what's wrong with America.

We're overly hypersensitive to everything. We fear being wrong. We're insecure about our intelligence. And we've become so brainwashed by information that we consume in tiny snippets, we're blind to see anything close to the reality happening around us.

At the end of the day, all that matters is that we are entertained and pass the time enjoyably until we die. The majority of people are too tense to be able to relax and just enjoy life.

The news, social media, advertising, etc. mess up our perceptions of everything. We're all consuming so much information there's no time to think critically about any one thing to sufficient depth. The only rational reaction imho to everything happening around us is to laugh.

You can be rich or poor, Democrat or Republican, Christian or Atheist, etc. and the one common bond we can all have is to not take ourselves too seriously and to laugh at ourselves and with others. Any other reaction is fugged up.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bostonsteeler View Post
    Bet they watch fox.
    They probably showed that picture on Fox.

Starter

User Info Menu

Can we move this to another board? I mean it really isn't Steeler talk is it?

I have stopped commenting on any of this because it is really an exercise in futility. No one wants to listen and they just want to pontificate. I would prefer talking about Sunday's game on this board. Not what people constitute is the problem with America an who is fake and who is real.

The NFL has a myriad of problems and it's not one thing that is killing it. However, that should be discussed on one of the other boards.

It's mental self stimulation and nothing more...

brothervad

Legend

User Info Menu

so you are telling me they photo shopped the flag OUT of his hands?
    WOW