Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fake News is Damaging the NFL

Legend

User Info Menu

Fake News is Damaging the NFL

I relayed a few months ago how my Dad, a lifelong Steeler fan, stopped watching due to Flag Gate. Today my mom forwarded an email about 'how awful those football players have gotten. They are burning the Flag now!! she says!
    The email had only the photo on the right in it. At first I was shocked but then noticed the HC appearing to cheer him on and thought no way. Did a little googling and found of course it was shopped from the photo on the left taken a year ago.

I sent her a one line note... 'Don't always believe everything you read':

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I relayed a few months ago how my Dad, a lifelong Steeler fan, stopped watching due to Flag Gate. Today my mom forwarded an email about 'how awful those football players have gotten. They are burning the Flag now!! she says!
    The email had only the photo on the right in it. At first I was shocked but then noticed the HC appearing to cheer him on and thought no way. Did a little googling and found of course it was shopped from the photo on the left taken a year ago.

I sent her a one line note... 'Don't always believe everything you read':
    lmao wow.

I know any any age group can be deceived however I feel like the older generation really become deceived to photoshopped images.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Bet they watch fox.

Legend

User Info Menu

Who would burn a flag indoors?
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Whatever happened to old people just watching the Weather Channel? I long for those simpler times....

Backup

User Info Menu

I was hoping this thread would be about the "news" that Mitchell had guaranteed a win over the pats* and was completely overlooking the Jags game, which prompted pats* shill Tedy Bruschi to proclaim that Mitchell was "writing checks he couldn't cash."

Wrong and wrong.

If you don't understand how to interwebz, go buy a rotary phone and rabbit ears.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AzStillers1989 View Post
    lmao wow.

I know any any age group can be deceived however I feel like the older generation really become deceived to photoshopped images.
    OLD PEOPLE come from a generation where professionalism = honest.
    NOW people will flat out lie to meet their agenda (Left or Right)

Quote Originally Posted by bostonsteeler View Post
    Bet they watch fox.
    Another sore LIB upset that they lost the monopoly on Propaganda and have to share it w/ their political opponents.

Just so you know you only make sense when talking to people who already agree with you.
    To everyone else you're a clanging symbol and look like a morphadite
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Who would burn a flag indoors?
    LMAO. Look at Pete Carroll in the photo of the flag burning. For some reason I can not stop laughing at the thought that this would be his reaction to that situation.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    OLD PEOPLE come from a generation where professionalism = honest.
    NOW people will flat out lie to meet their agenda (Left or Right)

Another sore LIB upset that they lost the monopoly on Propaganda and have to share it w/ their political opponents.

Just so you know you only make sense when talking to people who already agree with you.
    To everyone else you're a clanging symbol and look like a morphadite
    huh? I think the Fox News dig is spot on. They did a study and the most uninformed news viewers were Fox News viewers because half their programming is opinion and not based on facts.

How the hell could anyone view that photo and think it was legit?. You have to WANT it to be true IMO and Fox News spent all types of energy bashing the NFL players so it makes sense.
    1) Chidobe Awuzie - CB, Colorado.
    2) Tim Williams - LB, Bama.
    3) Josh Jones S, NCState.
    3 Comp) Isaiah Ford, WR - VTech.
    4) Kareem Hunt - RB, Toledo.
    5) Josh Dobbs - QB, Tenn.
    6) Greg Pike - G/OT, Georgia.
    7) Isaac Rochell - DL, ND.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by msp26505 View Post
    I was hoping this thread would be about the "news" that Mitchell had guaranteed a win over the pats* and was completely overlooking the Jags game, which prompted pats* shill Tedy Bruschi to proclaim that Mitchell was "writing checks he couldn't cash."

Wrong and wrong.

If you don't understand how to interwebz, go buy a rotary phone and rabbit ears.
    yes, I thought his was about the Mitchell interview. These days any story printed that about the Steelers and Pats during bye week is surely to get clicks and more than likely isn't accurate or factual.

Every year they come out with these stories right before the playoffs because they know fans are amped up during the bye week.
    1) Chidobe Awuzie - CB, Colorado.
    2) Tim Williams - LB, Bama.
    3) Josh Jones S, NCState.
    3 Comp) Isaiah Ford, WR - VTech.
    4) Kareem Hunt - RB, Toledo.
    5) Josh Dobbs - QB, Tenn.
    6) Greg Pike - G/OT, Georgia.
    7) Isaac Rochell - DL, ND.