Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Le'Veon your timing sucks...

Legend

User Info Menu

I am certain his future contract situation was on his mind the entire season. It didn't appear to affect his performance. For me this isn't a big deal.

Legend

User Info Menu

How is this a distraction? It’s a business. Would I prefer he said no comment? Sure... but it’s his future and I’m sure he wants to put the team on notice. I still think Bell is going to ball out because he knows doing anything less will hurt his chances at a long term deal.

As as far as not needing him and winning without him? Sure, we can win some games but will we have a 13-3 season without Bell next year? Hellllllll nooooo
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCrazy View Post
    Bell is as dumb as he is good. We do not need him to win. He is way too expensive to even consider to re-sign. He is a RB. He is not bringing all the chips to the table. After this year, just let him go off into the sunset.

His agent is leveraging Ben's possible retirement "by keeping the team together" statements.

It's a business and he isn't all that important. Not 16-20 million important.
    he isn’t important or bringing all the chips to the table?

I think we need to some type of test before letting folks post on here.

Have you seen his stats the last 3 years?

He has broken all types of records. Just... just no. Cmon man.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    How is this a distraction? It’s a business. Would I prefer he said no comment? Sure... but it’s his future and I’m sure he wants to put the team on notice. I still think Bell is going to ball out because he knows doing anything less will hurt his chances at a long term deal.

As as far as not needing him and winning without him? Sure, we can win some games but will we have a 13-3 season without Bell next year? Hellllllll nooooo
    Not a good time to be "Putting the team on notice" dizz... Plenty of time for that in the off season. Nothing positive comes out of crap like this.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    I am certain his future contract situation was on his mind the entire season. It didn't appear to affect his performance. For me this isn't a big deal.
    "On his mind" is fine... "On his mind" not a distraction. In the press 2 days before the divisional round (for all to read).. different story. I think the retraction within an hour or two of the original story... speaks volumes.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    "On his mind" is fine... "On his mind" not a distraction. In the press 2 days before the divisional round (for all to read).. different story. I think the retraction within an hour or two of the original story... speaks volumes.
    I don't believe it's a distraction.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    I don't believe it's a distraction.
    Maybe not... one thing we all know for a fact, though... there's a ZERO PERCENT CHANCE of anything positive coming out of his initial comments.

Legend

User Info Menu

Maybe not... one thing we all know for a fact, though... there's a ZERO PERCENT CHANCE of anything positive coming out of his initial comments.
    Very little negative will come out of it either. Most of the negatives will affect Bell. So what if Bell retires? The organization will move on. There are X amount of RB's in college waiting for an opportunity to play in the NFL. Bell has a lot of millions to lose from a financial stand point.

Legend

User Info Menu

Not a good time to be "Putting the team on notice" dizz... Plenty of time for that in the off season. Nothing positive comes out of crap like this.
    that would be convenient... but not for Bell.

Business is 365 days a year.

Indonr think its thay serious but think about what happens if Bell gets hurt this post season. He has no insurance.

It also gives the FO a chance to rethink their draft.

Ven also talked about how it might not be his last game. Seems like he is also thinking about next year.

Legend

User Info Menu

Bell balls out, we win a SB, the FO and Bell work out a contract that makes everyone happy.

it could happen.