Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 81 to 87 of 87

Thread: Tomlin: Haden is "really good"

  1. #81
    Rookie

    User Info Menu

    There is a “Code of Conduct” on this site. Why not abide by these rules? It would probably eliminate a lot of the racial and possibly some political discussions. If you’re not going to follow these rules, why have them? New people read this “Code of Conduct” and expect things to be one way, only to find it’s something different. Get rid of the “Code” if it’s not going to be enforced.

    Calling Tomlin an Overpaid Janitor, obviously for most is considered prohibited by this rule:
    Statements that are bigoted, hateful or racially offensive.
    And if not, it is definitely prohibited by this rule:
    Any communication that is intended to harass, belittle, humiliate, threaten or cause embarrassment to a fellow member, coach or player.

    I’m not here to start trouble and I’m sorry if it appears that way. Just trying to find out where things stand before posting.

  2. #82
    Banned

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    it's very true... the left... or the right... the black or the white... with or without guns... standing or kneeling.... everyone is blaming everyone else, and not listening to anyone else.... and "it's your presidents fault" (whichever president you chose)
    This shoud be on a t shirt or script for a commercial.

    Its spot on.

    A prime example is the Fox News Trump/North Korea summit. There was a clip showing Fox News bashing Obama for even thinking about meeting Kim Jung without other leaders present. As soon as Trump does it it’s a sign of strength.

    and this goes for MANBC and CNN as well. Trump hasnt done everything wrong. It’s really ok to give a person credit when they get something right.

  3. #83
    Banned

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by STH70 View Post
    There is a “Code of Conduct” on this site. Why not abide by these rules? It would probably eliminate a lot of the racial and possibly some political discussions. If you’re not going to follow these rules, why have them? New people read this “Code of Conduct” and expect things to be one way, only to find it’s something different. Get rid of the “Code” if it’s not going to be enforced.

    Calling Tomlin an Overpaid Janitor, obviously for most is considered prohibited by this rule:
    Statements that are bigoted, hateful or racially offensive.
    And if not, it is definitely prohibited by this rule:
    Any communication that is intended to harass, belittle, humiliate, threaten or cause embarrassment to a fellow member, coach or player.

    I’m not here to start trouble and I’m sorry if it appears that way. Just trying to find out where things stand before posting.
    The guy who runs the site uses the overpaid janitor insult.

    So ignore the code of conduct. It’s not being enforced or respected at the top.

  4. #84
    Rookie

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    The guy who runs the site uses the overpaid janitor insult.

    So ignore the code of conduct. It’s not being enforced or respected at the top.
    Thanks. Well it should be removed. Very misleading.

  5. #85
    Administrator

    User Info Menu

    Yes, I call Tomlin an overpaid Janitor. I edited the Code of Conduct slightly to address any conflicts. I might make for edits later when time permits.

    If you want to stay on this board, stay clear of Feltdizz and Slapstick. They typically argue for the sake of it when it defys common sense, deliberately push ppl off the ledge, and are well known as the community 'Woe is Me' race baiters that flaunt with a ban on a weekly basis.

    Calling Tomlin an overpaid janitor is not bigoted, racially offensive or hateful so that rule stays put.

    If you over sensitive and think it is then we'll agree to disagree. Bottom line, it's allowed. If you simply can't handle it then that is a personal problem and I encourage you to leave.
    Last edited by steelz09; 08-17-2018 at 03:26 PM.

  6. #86
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I agree that it would probably make for a less antagonistic environment on here.

    Other boards I participate in have separate politics threads or areas.

    Maybe doing that here would quarantine political discussions so that users can easily participate in or avoid political discussions on a Steelers board.

    Doing that successfully would probably require us to have a certain level of maturity though. There are definitely certain comments that are almost certain to bring these conversations about. In this model we'd have to exercise some personal responsibility and avoid these types of comments in the politics-free zones.
    Cool.

    It looks like a few of the more political threads have been moved into general discussion.

    Hopefully we can keep Church and State separated this way (I assume that the Steelers are the Church in this example)

  7. #87
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Yes, I call Tomlin an overpaid Janitor. I edited the Code of Conduct slightly to address any conflicts. I might make for edits later when time permits.

    If you want to stay on this board, stay clear of Feltdizz and Slapstick. They typically argue for the sake of it when it defys common sense, deliberately push ppl off the ledge, and are well known as the community 'Woe is Me' race baiters that flaunt with a ban on a weekly basis.

    Calling Tomlin an overpaid janitor is not bigoted, racially offensive or hateful so that rule stays put.

    If you over sensitive and think it is then we'll agree to disagree. Bottom line, it's allowed. If you simply can't handle it then that is a personal problem and I encourage you to leave.
    steelz, at the risk of being lumped in with the race baitors......

    here's the thing... you don't get to tell someone else what is offensive TO THEM when you're not in the group that deems it offensive... that's kinda not how it works... it's like, you can't kick a dude in the junk and then tell him whether it hurts or not... IJS

    you can always take the attitude of, "my site, if you don't like it leave", but, isn't that being a little immature-ish... why is it so difficult these days for people to have rational discussions to at least see another viewpoint?

    in my old age (and in this world of everybody being intolerant and blaming everyone else) i find myself trying to have sensible conversations and educate, whenever possible.

    like i said a couple of pages ago (paraphrasing) i'm not easily offended... but, if it made ME raise a brow, dude, you really shouldn't. *I* read it an thought, "ya may as well call him an overpaid Monkey" because that's how it comes across.

    Again... if DeVille raised a brow, then, I would imagine that more black folks than not find the janitor reference offensive.

    just my $.02
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •