Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tomlin: Haden is "really good"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    If you're in the camp of keeping Joe Haden, I think you're paying above market price for a player of his age and wear and tear. We have the same problem brewing with Le'veon Bell, who I would consider more used goods than Haden. If you're asking me, I keep Haden instead of Bell (at the price he wants; at the price he was offered last year, I guess I'd consider it).
    Shoe, Haden is 28 years young....
    I wish people would/could leave politics out of a Steelers Football Forum.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    There are 16 CBs in the NFL with a higher average salary than Haden...

Im not sure hes being paid above market value...
    It is what I have been saying for years. You pay corners big bucks over other positions.
    Their value relative to actual "winning" is missed by most fans.

Again, case in point 15 points with Haden.....26 without him.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Shoe, Haden is 28 years young....
    Same age as Maurkice Pouncey, Cam Heyward, Vince Williams, Landry Jones, etc.

Younger than Antonio Brown, Alejandro Villenueva, Marcus Gilbert, Arthur Moats, etc.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Same age as Maurkice Pouncey, Cam Heyward, Vince Williams, Landry Jones, etc.

Younger than Antonio Brown, Alejandro Villenueva, Marcus Gilbert, Arthur Moats, etc.
    Sounds like we have an old team which soon need to be retooled.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by winwithd View Post
    Colbert? Are you listening?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    If you're in the camp of keeping Joe Haden, I think you're paying above market price for a player of his age and wear and tear. We have the same problem brewing with Le'veon Bell, who I would consider more used goods than Haden. If you're asking me, I keep Haden instead of Bell (at the price he wants; at the price he was offered last year, I guess I'd consider it).
    Without knowing numbers, I'd guess this too. I'd also try to extend Haden with some dummy years at the end of his contract to bring down the cap hit.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Haden’s contract numbers are very favorable for a number one CB...

Again, his cap hit is 17th in the NFL among CBs...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Haden’s contract numbers are very favorable for a number one CB...

Again, his cap hit is 17th in the NFL among CBs...
    Exactly. These are the types of deals we need.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by winwithd View Post
    Sounds like it... but man doesn't it just seem like we did this within the last 2 to 3 years? Maybe time is slipping away from me... lol

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Sounds like it... but man doesn't it just seem like we did this within the last 2 to 3 years? Maybe time is slipping away from me... lol
    I think that was sarcasm...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+# up and wear it.