Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tomlin: Haden is "really good"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Isnt it basically a 1 year deal though? I thought Haden or the steelers could and probably would opt out or something.
    Haden signed a 3 year, $27,000,000 contract, including a $5,750,000 signing bonus, $5,750,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $9,000,000.

His cap hit for 2018 and 2019 does rise to $11,916,667 for each of the next two years though, after playing under a paltry $3,166,666 cap hit for this season.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Also...it really does just warm your heart seeing him be on a winning team and playoff team for the first time. He is so happy, always nice to see guys show they are real competitors and not just in it for the money.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    We signed Haden to a 3 year deal after the Browns let him go.
    I hope we keep him for all 3 years although I know his cap hit takes a jump next season. I'd like to see Sutton, and Brian Allen, learn under him for at least another year.
    Last edited by Oviedo; 01-05-2018 at 11:54 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

It is kinda funny how he spent all those years watching all the playoff football games on his couch after being drafted by a losing franchise, and now that he is finally on a winning franchise, he spends his first weekend of playoff football once again watching the games from his couch because of the bye week.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It is kinda funny how he spent all those years watching all the playoff football games on his couch after being drafted by a losing franchise, and now that he is finally on a winning franchise, he spends his first weekend of playoff football once again watching the games from his couch because of the bye week.
    That was beautiful

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

My guess is that he prefers the current situation. Watching to see who you play next week >>>>>>> watching to see who you play next season

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    I dont think so, but Ike got snubbed hard the one year.

Resigning Haden is a must....love that man. I cant see how anyone couldnt see the star player he is
    IIRC, Ike made it one year as a replacement. Not sure which year, and too lazy to look it up, but pretty certain that is the case.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

If you're in the camp of keeping Joe Haden, I think you're paying above market price for a player of his age and wear and tear. We have the same problem brewing with Le'veon Bell, who I would consider more used goods than Haden. If you're asking me, I keep Haden instead of Bell (at the price he wants; at the price he was offered last year, I guess I'd consider it).
    I wasn't hired for my disposition.

Legend

User Info Menu

The Steelers really need to win this year, it seems they are going to have issues paying to keep the team together even with the increase in the cap ceiling.

Pappy

The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

1.20 - Devin Bush, ILB, Michigan
    3.66 - Diontae Johnson, WR, Toledo
    3.83 - Justin Layne, CB, MSU
    4.122 - Benny Snell, RB, Kentucky
    5.141 - Zach Gentry, TE, Michigan
    6.175 - Sutton Smith, OLB, Northern Illinois
    6.192 - Isaiah Buggs, DE, Alabama
    6.207 - Ulysees Gilbert III, OLB, Akron
    7.219 - Derwin Gray, OL, Maryland

Rookie

User Info Menu

There are 16 CBs in the NFL with a higher average salary than Haden...

I’m not sure he’s being paid above market value...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+# up and wear it.