Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Todd Haley

Legend

User Info Menu

I look forward to a TD celebration in the divisional round game in which Juju, Le'Veon, and Antonio pretend to be Haley, Haley's wife, and the guy who shoved Haley to the ground.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I look forward to a TD celebration in the divisional round game in which Juju, Le'Veon, and Antonio pretend to be Haley, Haley's wife, and the guy who shoved Haley to the ground.
    Which one of them is going to send the nudes like Haley's wife?

Pappy

The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

1.20 - Devin Bush, ILB, Michigan
    3.66 - Diontae Johnson, WR, Toledo
    3.83 - Justin Layne, CB, MSU
    4.122 - Benny Snell, RB, Kentucky
    5.141 - Zach Gentry, TE, Michigan
    6.175 - Sutton Smith, OLB, Northern Illinois
    6.192 - Isaiah Buggs, DE, Alabama
    6.207 - Ulysees Gilbert III, OLB, Akron
    7.219 - Derwin Gray, OL, Maryland

Backup

User Info Menu

*googles Haley's wife

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Are we sure it was a guy that shoved him to the ground?

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Todd Haley returns to Steelers facility

Posted by Mike Florio on January 3, 2018, 12:53 PM EST

Injured Sunday night after being shoved to the ground outside a Pittsburgh bar, Steelers offensive coordinator Todd Haley is back at work.

According to Ron Cook of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette (via CBSSports.com), Haley returned to the team’s facility on Wednesday.

Details still remain sketchy, and in some ways confusing, regarding the incident that resulted in police being called to the Tequila Cowboy, that prompted police to conclude that no one had been injured, and that ended in Haley later suffering a hip injury outside the establishment.

The timing isn’t ideal for Haley. Apart from the fact that it kept him away from work for a couple of days during the bye week, it plants a red flag for any team currently considering Haley for potential employment. Despite his work with the Pittsburgh offense in recent years, Haley has received scant interest for head-coaching jobs elsewhere. This latest incident gives a prospective employer plenty to explore without much time for exploring, if that team is interested in considering Haley.

Haley’s contract reportedly will expire after the season ends, allowing him to go anywhere he wants. It also allows the Steelers to move on, if they so choose.

Six years ago, the Steelers faced a similar situation with offensive coordinator Bruce Arians. After his contract expired, the Steelers claimed that he had “retired,” even though he actually had been fired.

With no contract in place for 2018, Haley could be the next offensive coordinator to “retire” from the Steelers. Until he takes his next job, wherever that may be.

That next job could be hard to find in the immediate future, especially if the inevitable surveillance videos generated both inside and outside the Tequila Cowboy complicate an already confusing situation.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/03/todd-haley-returns-to-steelers-facility/
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Haley was a stewed prune. Whacked on the WahWah juice. Don't just stand there fatso, bust a move.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Todd Haley has always seemed to have had anger issues, or something! Frankly - I was quite surprised when we hired him and even more surprised he has kept himself in check for this long... With that said, the Steelers could do themselves much better!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by williar View Post
    Todd Haley has always seemed to have had anger issues, or something! Frankly - I was quite surprised when we hired him and even more surprised he has kept himself in check for this long... With that said, the Steelers could do themselves much better!
    Agreed. I think the main reason the Steelers hired him was the family ties with his father. He's done a reasonably good job of changing the way that Ben plays, which was the other reason for hiring him. But I think there's other OC's out there without the baggage Haley brings.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    Agreed. I think the main reason the Steelers hired him was the family ties with his father. He's done a reasonably good job of changing the way that Ben plays, which was the other reason for hiring him. But I think there's other OC's out there without the baggage Haley brings.
    As an OC, Haley has been an unqualified success...

As a person, that is debatable...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+# up and wear it.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    As an OC, Haley has been an unqualified success...

As a person, that is debatable...
    I think it's kind of weird that every damn year the Haley vs Ben pops up anytime things are going good.

Maybe it's because Haley is just a bad people person so it's easy to write these stories. If he was really that bad we would've probably fired him by now.