Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: In case you missed it...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    how's your browns will win more games than N.O. doing?
    it failed miserably.

Never bet on Browns.

See how easy easy that is? Instead of tripling down on wrongness I fessed up. Now I can continue to post without having to defend dumb ass agendas that are totally false.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    nope. i'll be around to keep reminding those tomlin ball washers that he won with his own players, just like switzer and gruden did
    Not arguing but he's winning now with his own players..

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Not arguing but he's winning now with his own players..
    Every thing he’s won has been with his own players...
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The Steelers are 22-4 in their last 26 games.

Tomlin's second have record the last 5 years.

6-2
    6-2
    6-2
    7-1
    7-1

Total: 32-8

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    If they cut Mitchell, McDonald, and JJ Wilcox, that gives them enough money to franchise Bell again...

I think you address Mitchell’s position in the draft. For all that McDonald and Wilcox played, you would probably do just as well with Jake McGee and Jordan Dangerfield from the practice squad...and I like McDonald...he just can’t seem to stay healthy...according to the depot, he had a $500K+ escalator in his contract if he suited up for 11 games...he was available only for 10 games, so the Steelers should be credited for that Likely To Be Earned incentive on the 2018 cap...

Then, more restructuring, I think...
    It's doable but it won't be easy.

But in any event, things are lined up well this year. Aside from the gaping hole at ILB from Shazier's injury, the team is healthy and most guys are playing as well as they ever have.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm really hoping that Bell comes to his senses and takes what amounts to a fair offer from the Steelers, he's a dynamic young back, but he can't be paid like two elite players, at least not by the Steelers. It seems that Ben needs 4 or 5 games now to get in the groove but once he's in the groove he's as good as there is in the game, I hope he plays out his contract. Draft for some missing pieces, ILB and safety and if a quarterback that the Steelers really like is there, take him and don't look back. Of course, we're all talking as if Dobbs isn't the answer, we don't know, only the Steelers know or have any idea about Dobbs' capabilities. The Steelers are poised to compete for Lombardis for the next two years plus this year if Ben plays out his contract.

Mike Tomlin's 2nd half record over the past 5 seasons is outstanding, he'll get over the Patriots hump and then he'll be in discussion as one of the best in the game. I'm looking forward to that discussion, he's earned it. It's amazing for all of his success that he doesn't get more air time on the networks when they talk about great coaching.

Pappy
    Last edited by papillon; 01-02-2018 at 09:41 PM.

The 2024 Pittsburgh Steeler draft

1.20 - Troy Fautanu, T, Washington
    2.51 - Zach Frazier, C, West Virginia
    3.84 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.98 - Payton Wilson, LB, UNC
    4.119 - Mason McCprmick, OG, S. Dakota St
    7.178 - Logan Lee, DT, Iowa
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    I'm really hoping that Bell comes to his senses and takes what amounts to a fair offer from the Steelers, he's a dynamic young back, but he can't be paid like two elite players, at least not by the Steelers. It seems that Ben needs 4 or 5 games now to get in the groove but once he's in the groove he's as good as there is in the game, I hope he plays out his contract. Draft for some missing pieces, ILB and safety and if a quarterback that the Steelers really like is there, take him and don't look back. Of course, we're all talking as if Dobbs isn't the answer, we don't know, only the Steelers know or have any idea about Dobbs' capabilities. The Steelers are poised to compete for Lombardis for the next two years plus this year if Ben plays out his contract.

Mike Tomlin's 2nd half record over the past 5 seasons is outstanding, he'll get over the Patriots hump and then he'll be in discussion as one of the best in the game. I'm looking forward to that discussion, he's earned it. It's amazing for all of his success that he doesn't get more air time on the networks when they talk about great coaching.

Pappy
    Now, that is the most rational objective opinion I have read about Mike Tomlin around here!

Legend

User Info Menu

I agree. But some people just refuse to give him any credit. I have friends who insist we win in spite of Tomlin. I don't get that. Hell, it's obvious that Terry Bradshaw believes that.

I really, really hope that he does get past our cheating nemesis. That one accomplishment will do more for Tomlin's image than winning another ring.

Legend

User Info Menu

Pappy

Reference Dobbs--I don't think he is the answer and I'm pretty sure the team sees him as more heir apparent to Landry than they do Ben. I don't think it is lost on the organization that we have never won one of our six Lombardi's without a QB we drafted in Round 1 at the helm.

As far as Tomin getting credit the fact we are still having this discussion is both laughable and sad. He just passed the mark as the second winningest coach in his first 11 seasons in NFL history, that's 80+ years of coaches folks. Better than Belichek, better than Noll, better than Cowher, better than anyone not named Shula. Yet we still, and always will have, idiots who only see shortcomings and would throw him overboard in a heartbeat for who knows what. Thank Art Rooney in heaven these guys will never have anything to say about the Steelers and how they are run.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    I agree. But some people just refuse to give him any credit. I have friends who insist we win in spite of Tomlin. I don't get that. Hell, it's obvious that Terry Bradshaw believes that.

I really, really hope that he does get past our cheating nemesis. That one accomplishment will do more for Tomlin's image than winning another ring.
    You know it's funny because I would feel the same way about Ben. I just didn't like him, I thought that he was overrated and receive too much credit for the success. Then, I had to come to the realization that he is part of that success and the success wouldn't have come without him. Teams who do not have good QB's do not win, I don't care what the rationale is..... Soon, the Tomlin naysayers will come around. They probably already know this but because of personal biases, would never admit it publicly...