Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AFC defensive player of the week

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JAR View Post
    Mike Hilton, cut by the cheats. Thanks genius!
    Who woulda thought the "genius" made a mistake and out front office and head coach got over on him. Signing Harrison will proven to be at best a non factor

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Who woulda thought the "genius" made a mistake and out front office and head coach got over on him. Signing Harrison will proven to be at best a non factor
    I hope you are correct but no way was JH the worst player on our roster. He is still a good pass rusher and a very good run stopper. He would have been very valuable if we have to play someone like Jax who has a great running game.

As for the Mike Hilton ... I'm glad the coaches decided to keep him on the roster. So often we see people shine in pre-season but they never get a chance in the regular season. Just look at Terrel Watson. Hats off to Hilton for a great performance on Monday and a great season to date.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Trading Garappolo is looking like a dumb move too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JAR View Post
    Trading Garappolo is looking like a dumb move too.
    I wouldn't say that. Garappolo's contract is up at the end of the year so they would either have to sign him for big bucks or let him go. They traded him and got a draft pick. Their other option would have been to cut Brady.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    I wouldn't say that. Garappolo's contract is up at the end of the year so they would either have to sign him for big bucks or let him go. They traded him and got a draft pick. Their other option would have been to cut Brady.
    Didn't realize his contract was up.

Rookie

User Info Menu

In all of this, we are overlooking the fact that we probably have the best CBs from top to bottom (1-4) in recent memory.

Probably 1-5 if Willie Gay is the #5 CB...
    Last edited by Slapstick; 12-27-2017 at 05:40 PM.
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Backup

User Info Menu

Don't know that I'm totally ready to judge Sutton yet, but totally agree otherwise. I suspect Sutton may rise past Burns next year, hang on to Haden and (hopefully) get Brian Allen enough experience and coaching to contribute, and we only need some safety help! Seriously, the secondary is light years ahead of where it was. The defense is looking so much better than anything I expected out of this year, and the youth is reassuring for our future development.

Legend

User Info Menu

Might have slipped past a few people but Mike Hilton made NFL history becoming the first CB to record three sacks in a single game against the Texans.

A few blitzes in against JAX might be just what the Steelers defense needs to get things rolling.