Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Refs are the reason the NFL ratings are down

Legend

User Info Menu

Refs are the reason the NFL ratings are down

B, B, But the rule says...

i bet my life if that was in Foxboro and they scored the same way it wouldn’t be overturned.

.. and that’s why folks stop watching. It gets old watching the same team get bailed out by the stripes.

I jnow now folks say that about the Steelers when we play them and I guess that’s why I will continue to watch.

Awesome game... sure wish the refs would stay out of it in critical moments.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

That catch rule is A Vegas rule... A way that they can dictate a game Ala tuck rule and To a lesser degree PI.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    That catch rule is A Vegas rule... A way that they can dictate a game Ala tuck rule and To a lesser degree PI.
    yes sir I'm thinking the same thing.....

Legend

User Info Menu

The NFL drives me crazy. It was a catch in every other universe except in pro football. The rule sucks and it needs to be addressed.

Starter

User Info Menu

I think the refereeing is definitely one of the reasons why the NFL has lost viewers. They are way to involved in every game. Even if taking the TD away from JJ was the correct call based on the rules, that is just evidence that the rules suck.

The game has become highly technical and this is completely unnecessary. It all starts with instant reply and spiraled from there. Watching the NFL feels like I'm watching a game played in a courtroom. They will ruin baseball too. It's already begun.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MCHammer View Post
    I think the refereeing is definitely one of the reasons why the NFL has lost viewers. They are way to involved in every game. Even if taking the TD away from JJ was the correct call based on the rules, that is just evidence that the rules suck.

The game has become highly technical and this is completely unnecessary. It all starts with instant reply and spiraled from there. Watching the NFL feels like I'm watching a game played in a courtroom. They will ruin baseball too. It's already begun.
    You can ad the excessive ads to the list.
    But yes ...Over regulation of the rules and taking the humanity out of the game.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    The NFL drives me crazy. It was a catch in every other universe except in pro football. The rule sucks and it needs to be addressed.
    I’m not sure overturning it was supported by the rule. The rule clearly states “initial contact with the ground”. That means touching the ground with any part of your body other than a hand or foot. When James’ knee hit, the initial contact with the ground was made and he had control. The ball came loose after secondary contact with the ground.
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    I’m not sure overturning it was supported by the rule. The rule clearly states “initial contact with the ground”. That means touching the ground with any part of your body other than a hand or foot. When James’ knee hit, the initial contact with the ground was made and he had control. The ball came loose after secondary contact with the ground.
    It's not even to that level. If the call in the field was a catch, then they have to have clear visual evidence that it wasn't. And none of the angles showed that it ever left his possession.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MCHammer View Post

The problem is there are probably 5 to 6 examples of the same thing happening where it was ruled a catch and confirmed after a review. When people tune in to watch the "game of the year" and it ends like this people get turned off by the NFL.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

and one more thing... are the refs afraid to call PI on the Pats*? For years I've seen this team manhandle WR's and the refs rarely call it.

as you can see I'm still upset.