Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Never been more confident in this team.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Never been more confident in this team.

I know the loss is disappointing, but consider this:

1. We were a called back touchdown away from beating the Pats WITHOUT the guy getting MVP chants while getting carted off the field.
    2. MB looks like he is regaining his form at just the right time.
    3. We dropped a pick that should have ended the game
    4. “Good Ben” looks to be back for good (OK dumb pick at the end, but for the last 5 weeks he has been sharp).

Would our path be easier as the number one seed? Sure.

But if you told me we would lead for most of the game and have a game winning touchdown reversed WITHOUT Brown, I would have suggested you found Bryants stash of hash.

If Bryant in particular continues his upward trend, Haden returns to form, and we have “good Ben” continue, I feel much better about our chances against the Pats than I did yesterday, despite it likely being on the road.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post

1. We were a called back touchdown away from beating the Pats WITHOUT the guy getting MVP chants while getting carted off the field.
    4. “Good Ben” looks to be back for good (OK dumb pick at the end, but for the last 5 weeks he has been sharp).

But if you told me we would lead for most of the game and have a game winning touchdown reversed WITHOUT Brown, I would have suggested you found Bryants stash of hash.

If Bryant in particular continues his upward trend, Haden returns to form, and we have “good Ben” continue, I feel much better about our chances against the Pats than I did yesterday, despite it likely being on the road.
    Es verdad, my friend. I feel more confident than in years past. Ben seems to have found his long-lost mojo. The D better shape up; Im hoping the light goes on for Davis and Artie.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bostonsteeler View Post
    Es verdad, my friend. I feel more confident than in years past. Ben seems to have found his long-lost mojo. The D better shape up; Im hoping the light goes on for Davis and Artie.
    Artie is solid when Butler get this thumb from his butt and let him play man. Davis is another story.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I love your optimism. Lot's of "Ifs" and "What ifs"...
    Im hoping like heck NE has a hangover from this win, and somehow happens to lose one of their next 2 games.

Starter

User Info Menu

This. I agree, that game showed us we have what it takes to go far, sure that TD was over turned and gronk abused us but we get Haden back. Excited to see how this all finishes out

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    I love your optimism. Lot's of "Ifs" and "What ifs"...
    Im hoping like heck NE has a hangover from this win, and somehow happens to lose one of their next 2 games.
    I’m now concerned about getting a bye. The Steelers will likely have to win out to get the #2 seed. (Unless I’m wrong about the math)

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post

Totally agree. I have no problem facing these guys again

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    I’m now concerned about getting a bye. The Steelers will likely have to win out to get the #2 seed. (Unless I’m wrong about the math)
    The Steelers will secure a first round bye with two wins or a win and a Jaguars loss or tie.
    Actually, my post was NOT about you...but, if the shoe fits, feel free to lace that &!+€# up and wear it.

Legend

User Info Menu

I feel good but I still don't want to play NE in the playoffs. Just feel like the next game will be even worse when it comes to lack of PI calls and such.

We played well, well enough to win but dammit.. I prefer a W vs feeling good about a loss.
    1) Chidobe Awuzie - CB, Colorado.
    2) Tim Williams - LB, Bama.
    3) Josh Jones S, NCState.
    3 Comp) Isaiah Ford, WR - VTech.
    4) Kareem Hunt - RB, Toledo.
    5) Josh Dobbs - QB, Tenn.
    6) Greg Pike - G/OT, Georgia.
    7) Isaac Rochell - DL, ND.

Legend

User Info Menu

When the Steelers got the ball with a minute left, I had no doubt that they could move down the field for a score. I haven't felt that way about this team since around 2009. Even though the end didn't work out, I think this group proved to themselves that they can beat NE.